Form Attachments (1 Viewer)

coolcatkelso

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:21
Hi Guys

I am attempting to use MsAccess 2007 as a frontend to Mysql hosted by myself. Everything so far has worked correctly until I come to the upload picture part.

I have this section working correctly with the website, I select the PDF file I want to upload and click submit and it is displayed on the site, but not sure how I can work this from using Access?

My mysql Table is laid out like:

upid (KEY)
ID
Username
FileName
Type
Size
Content

This is uploaded using a basic php script, is it possible to use MS Access to add the file into Mysql?

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 01:21
You need to be very specific about your intentions: do you wish to pour the file into the db? If so why? This normally makes the DB blow up, so what is the advantage over just storing a link and keeping the file somewhere on the disk? Or are we here just talking about saving a link?

And btw: say thanks to those who helped you!

coolcatkelso

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Spike

Mysql does store the file within the DB but I am looking at changing this to just store a reference to the file stored in an FTP Directory, but haven't spoken to anyone yet for help on changing this in MYsql?

coolcatkelso

Registered User.
Local time
I got the hyperlink section working in Ms Access instead of uploading a file, and using a link to my sql using ODBC 5.1 Driver I can see the link in a dynamic table, but it's not clickable?

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 01:21
Not sure where you are with this.

In my DB's I never bother with hyperlink datatype - for links I save the url as text, and then use the FollowHyperlink method, when user doubleclicks the control bound to this field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom