yahazim

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:56
I have these two tables, among others:

* tblEmployee
* tblEmployeeType

----

I'm modeling a business process in Access, and I want at various stages of the process to input Employees who are responsible for certain tasks in the process. Here is the question: Is there a way, using Queries or something else, to PRESELECT an EmployeeType for a form, so the person entering data will automatically choose a System Administrator without needing to choose an EmployeeType?

At the same time, if a new record needs to be added to the Employee table, is it possible to do the same thing, i.e. have the database automatically enter a System Administrator rather than give the data entry person the option to choose?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

JIM

charityg

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:56
dim a public variable to store the employee type. set up a form with a combo box that lists the employeetype and afterupdate of the combo box then set the variable. On the same employeetype selection form create a command button to open the data entry form. Set the record source of the dataentry form to a query and reference the combo box from the selection form in the criteria for the employeetype field. Then for the beforeinsert event of the dataentry form set employeetype field equal to the public variable. I'm in hurry so if this doesn't make sense email and I'll send a sample.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom