Form Open in Maximize (1 Viewer)

moi

Local time
Today, 15:57
Hello all,

My form opens in maximize even there is no maximize command on open/current/load. How to avoid this to happen..

Thank you,

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:57
It was probably saved maximized. Open the form in design mode and normalize it, then save it.

Reactions: moi

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:57
Hello all,

My form opens in maximize even there is no maximize command on open/current/load. How to avoid this to happen..

Thank you,
Not sure why that would happen.

Have you tried Docmd.Restore it in forms open event

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Are using Tabbed Documents rather than Overlapping Windows?

moi

Local time
Are using Tabbed Documents rather than Overlapping Windows?
Am using Overlapping Windows sir.. Id tried your suggestion "docmd. restore".. Let me see if this work..

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:57
Why not try the no code method first? If you were working on the form maximized in design view, then that is the problem. Fix the actual problem. Don't use code bandaids.

moi

Local time
Why not try the no code method first? If you were working on the form maximized in design view, then that is the problem. Fix the actual problem. Don't use code bandaids.
Hi pat,

Yes the form was set to maximized while working.. How to fix then, can you pls help.. Some of my form when open it is maximized even no code to maximize..and some form will open in not maximize even i put maximize code on it..

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Did you follow the earlier directions to open the form in design view, size it correctly and save it. It should then open to the size it was saved as. Or you can use the size to fit option on the menu and then save and close and reopen.

Reactions: moi

moi

Local time
Did you follow the earlier directions to open the form in design view, size it correctly and save it. It should then open to the size it was saved as. Or you can use the size to fit option on the menu and then save and close and reopen.
Hello pat,

Yes i followed, open the form (mainmenu) in design, then maximize it, save, close..open again, open one form through my button, close the form, then my mainmenu (navigation) form resize again to smaller size (see attached), i wanted to remain in maximize as this is my mainmenu (navigation) form where my buttons sits..

Attachments

• Screenshot (96).png
    Screenshot (96).png
    31 KB · Views: 8

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yes i followed, open the form (mainmenu) in design, then maximize it, save, close..open again, open one form through my button, close the form, then my mainmenu (navigation) form resize again to smaller size (see attached), i wanted to remain in maximize as this is my mainmenu (navigation) form where my buttons sits..
This is the opposite of your earlier request.

If you always want your forms to be maximized, the easiest solution is to use the tab view. Otherwise, each form should maximize itself in the open event.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Hello pat,

Upload a DB that shows the issue.
Could just use DoCmd.Maximize in the form Activate event perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom