Form or datasheet view. (1 Viewer)

lilAndy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:48
In a subform I'm attempting to highlight an entire row with formatting if a particular field is left blank. I've looked at most of the similar posts about this sort of problem and the general consensus seems to be that you can't do it in datasheet view, but you can do something similar in continuous form view.

I would be perfectly happy to do that if I could include the datasheet view functionality into the form view in some way (i.e. the ability to select and copy columns of data as well as rows).
Has anyone heard of anything that can do this? :confused:

Thanx for your time,

Andy

Autoeng

Why me?
Local time
Today, 17:48
Andy:

I did sort of the same thing but only with rows in continuous form view. I don't know if it will work with columns. I placed beside the row a button that has to be pressed to create the copy. The copy goes to the end of the form. I placed another button to move the row to where I want it to be. Turned out to be such a pain in the ass I ended up doing something different. I hounded my users until they admitted that they very seldom needed to copy and paste so I created another button that takes the form and changes it from continuous form view to datasheet view. Normally they work in continuous form view but if they need to do a lot of cut and paste they can switch over to datasheet view.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll make the code generic and post for you.

lilAndy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:48
Thankyou for replying :)

That wasn't entirely what I was looking for, as in form view I'm fairly certain you can just use the record-selectors to select all of the data.
The idea of changing between views didn't really fit my needs, but after a lot of searching and some work I've managed to find some code that lets me conditionally format entire rows in datasheet view, so I don't need to switch to form view at all now.

Yay for me :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom