Form - show by appointment date. (1 Viewer)

majordoc

Local time
Today, 18:03
Hi all

I'm sure this is easy but can't figure out a good way to do this (newb - sorry). I have a database of patients I see - I'm sure it's not structured very well but I have been using it for a while now. I have a number of fields for clinic dates (which again I know is not the best way to do this). I want to be able to select a date on the form and filter out patients who had a clinic date on that day so I can review within the form and alter as needed. Any ideas?

Thanks
Emmet

majordoc

Local time
Sorry - forgot file.

Attachments

• Test.accdb
    1.5 MB · Views: 200

Rene vK

Local time
Today, 19:03
First; your table will mean trouble on the way! you must split.

to get you on your way: you can create a combobox with a rowsource that is derived from you data.

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:03
I agree with Rene, you should have a separate table for clinical appointments. In the meanwhile see if the attached is what you're after.

Cheers,
Vlad

Attachments

• Test_Vlad.accdb
    600 KB · Views: 204

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
if your appointment date includes a time, then that might be the cause

eg, if you have an appointment date (time) of #Feb 11 2012 3.00PM" then a search for #Feb 11 2021# will not include this record.

You either have to search between #Feb 11 2021# and #Feb 12 2021#, or just extract the date part only from the appointment time.
The problem with searching for between #Feb 11 2021# and #Feb 12 2021#, is that then you WILL pick up appointments for just date #Feb 12 2021# but without any time at all.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 14:03
IMO you really want to fix that database before you doing anything more. That is OK for a spreadsheet, but a horrible idea for a database. Every field that is numbered is likely identifying a separate child table. Often people do not want to do it correctly because they think they are saving time and energy, that is up to you. If you are going to spend time building this in the long run you will save time and effort doing it correctly. If you want to properly structure then lets redo that table.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:03
see the 4 new tables i made.
this will make your db a little normalized.
see Medical form.

Attachments

• Test.accdb
    2 MB · Views: 202

majordoc

Local time
Thanks you all for your help - really appreciated.
I know this is a crap database structure. This will only ever be a very small project really. In terms of separating tables, what is the fastest/easiest way to do this?

E

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom