Formatted Report Template from a Query (1 Viewer)

victoriarai77

Local time
Today, 04:12
I’m having some report problems. I’m trying to use my database reports to send the same bits of information out a little at a time. I made a query to select the data to be exported by the ID. I am trying to make a report template so that each time I run the query, I can get the same report. Is this possible?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:12
Hi. I'm not sure I understand the question. Can you post the SQL statement of the query?

zeroaccess

Local time
Today, 06:12
I’m having some report problems. I’m trying to use my database reports to send the same bits of information out a little at a time. I made a query to select the data to be exported by the ID. I am trying to make a report template so that each time I run the query, I can get the same report. Is this possible?
Just so we're clear - do you mean the Access object "Report"? So you are making a Report based on a query as a record source?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:12
It sounds to me you would like something like this:-

The sample database on my website is available for free.
Contact me for details on how to get it for free.

Bullschmidt

Freelance DB Developer
Local time
Today, 06:12
I am trying to make a report template so that each time I run the query, I can get the same report. Is this possible?

Well in a particular report you can set its RecordSource property to be a particular query. Then every time you open the report it will use that query. And if the query automatically asks for an ID, that part will still work too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom