Forms & Images (1 Viewer)

Hydra427

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:02
Is it possible to design a form that will display multiple images even though they have the same control but are from different records.

As an example:

I have ten cars that I have a main picture of. I would like to open up a form that will display all tem pictures of the cars and then be able to select that car from the form. Basically what I am looking at is I have ten records with each record having a main picture. I would like a form that will display all ten pictures.

Let me know if you can help.

Thanks, John

rodmc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:02
that's really depends on you table structure, and less on your forms, the forms will display whatever you have in your tables no problem, provided you have them normalised correctly.

What you really need to do is make sure your table relations are correct, if they are start thinking about using unbound image frames to display your images.

Have a read at this
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/a...s-forms-reports-and-controls-HA001147204.aspx

Hydra427

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:02
rodmc, Thanks here is what I have

Model Name Main Picture
Ford Pict1
Chevy Pict2
Nissan Pict3

My control names are "Model Name" & "Main Picture"
When I open the form I only want to see the pictures of the 3 cars and maybe a Title under each picture telling me what it is.

Pict1 Pict2 Pict3 etc.

Will the unbound picture frame work for this?

Thanks, John

rodmc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:02
I think it will, I had a module for that type of thing, showed them in the same way thumbnails are displayed

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:02
You need to structure your images to your cars. Sometimes it is easier to create a Sub Directory for each car or alternatively create fields to hold the details or each image file. If you have Access 2007 you can even create a child table with the image details this is considered normalise. This method you can create a Continuous Form with images and if the image details ares stored the continuous form wil only display the images that match the records.

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom