Solved Forms value from other forms / Forms Chart (1 Viewer)

Alejo

Local time
Today, 10:01
Hi AccessWorld Team,

From the Database1 file that I'm woriking, I created a form called "Dashboard" and added 3 text boxes. The value of these 3 text boxes should be taken from the value of the text box "Average" from the forms namely "FCust_A", "FCust_A", "FCust_A" which are different forms.

I use the formuala "=[Forms]![FCust_A]![Average]" to get the value from other forms but the value display is "#Name?"
DB.JPG

I attached the sample database.

Request:
1. Please correct the formula that I used to display the correct value in Dashboard form text boxes.
2. Once the correct value is display, I need to create a Vertical chart from the 3 values. Not sure if Vertical chart is possible in access but if it is, can you please help me to do it in this sample attachment.

Thank you

Attachments

• Database1.accdb
    744 KB · Views: 84

XPS35

Local time
Today, 09:01
I have no Access at the moment, but I think the problem is that the other form is not opened.

Alejo

Local time
I have no Access at the moment, but I think the problem is that the other form is not opened.
Hi,

Tried your suggestion and I saw its working when other forms are open.

However, the value should display regardless other forms are open or closed.
This dashboard will be the primary files that my boss will open

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 08:01
You cannot refer to a forms control values UNLESS the form is open :(

Perhaps set TempVars from those forms sources and use those in your dashboard form.

Alejo

Local time
You cannot refer to a forms control values UNLESS the form is open :(

Perhaps set TempVars from those forms sources and use those in your dashboard form.
Hi,

Ok Im not aware of it, as im not expert to access.
About the TempVars, this is completely new to me and I have to research how to apply this in this project the im working

XPS35

Local time
Another obvious solution is to copy the calculation from the other forms to the dashboard.

Alejo

Local time
Another obvious solution is to copy the calculation from the other forms to the dashboard.
hi xps35

The dashboard is a single form and the other forms are in Continuous Forms format.
I guessed its not possible to copy the average formula in Continuous Forms to Single form type.

And a chart is required based on the values from the dashboard

Alejo

Local time
Hi All,

The database is attached is my initial message, can someone have a look and apply the possible solutions on my query

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I cannot use your DB, to late a version for me, but I believe you will need to make those calculations externally to your dashboard form and then refer to those.
Alternatively, you could open those forms hidden?, then you would have the values at hand?

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
What are the results you are expecting to see?

Can you list what it is you are expecting to display?

XPS35

Local time
You need new calculations on the dashboard. See the attached database.

Attachments

• Database1.1.accdb
    460 KB · Views: 96

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi All,

The database is attached is my initial message, can someone have a look and apply the possible solutions on my query
Well after looking at your 1 Table it would help if you normalised the database so that the relationships are as shown in the screenshot attached.

If you do this then you can generate a Report as shown in he screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Normalised.PNG
    Normalised.PNG
    15.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Report.PNG
    Report.PNG
    25.7 KB · Views: 61

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Well after looking at your 1 Table it would help if you normalised the database so that the relationships are as shown in the screenshot attached.

If you do this then you can generate a Report as shown in he screenshot attached.
Mike,
The O/P is not after a report though?

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Mike,
The O/P is not after a report though?
Hi Gasman
I know but it seems a strange way to display data.

All of the 3 queries he has created are based on the 3 Customers and just the 1 Product.

This means he needs to create additional Forms to see the Averages of his other products.

Very strange

Alejo

Local time
Hi All,

Thanks for all your suggestions, I'm not expert to this field and just need simple formula like the database sent by XPS35. I can already use this database.

Alejo

Local time
You need new calculations on the dashboard. See the attached database.
Hi XPS35,

My next query is.. how to it possible to create a chart like in excel based on the generated values as below from the database that you sent:
Capture.JPG

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:01
@Alejo please delete the last post. Mark this thread as complete and then start a new question. You will have much better responses if you don't just keep adding new questions to an old thread:)

XPS35

Local time
Hi XPS35,

My next query is.. how to it possible to create a chart
I literally answered your original question. Afterwards I realized that it is actually not a good solution to make separate calculations for each customer. When a new customer joins, you have to adjust the form. It is better to create a continuous form based on a query that calculates the averages per customer. With that query you can also immediately create the graph.
I have made a first draft in the attached database. In the table I have also introduced a new customer and you can see that it is automatically included.

Attachments

• Database1.2.accdb
    416 KB · Views: 92

Alejo

Local time
@Alejo please delete the last post. Mark this thread as complete and then start a new question. You will have much better responses if you don't just keep adding new questions to an old thread:)
Thank you for the suggestion, maybe this is the reason why no one responses to my second query:)

Anyway, in my initial email I mentioned that I have 2 queries but thanks for the suggestion, Il make a new query.

Alejo

Local time
I literally answered your original question. Afterwards I realized that it is actually not a good solution to make separate calculations for each customer. When a new customer joins, you have to adjust the form. It is better to create a continuous form based on a query that calculates the averages per customer. With that query you can also immediately create the graph.
I have made a first draft in the attached database. In the table I have also introduced a new customer and you can see that it is automatically included.
Thanks XPS35, really appriate your help.

As suggested, Il raise different post thread to my second query.

Thanks all..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom