Front End Help - (A bit of everything) (1 Viewer)

kacey8

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:56
Hi Folks.

I am working on a new project involving two separate Access DB's. One will not be storing data itself, just used to create an initial order which is passed onto a person who processes it (their DB will store data)

(I am working on the ordering one atm). It is designed to be able to "order" or arrange drops for leaflets in different postcode areas.

Each branch covers multiple postcodes, so for example branch A covers

Postcode
XX1
XX2
XX3

So I am using map graphics for their initial form showing the three postcodes on the map, I will then have options to click each one. Now this is where it gets tricky and I have two questions

If they click on XX1 it takes them to a postcode map showing JUST XX1 and splits it by postcode sectiors, ie XX1 1, XX1 2, etc etc.

They can then click on a postcode sector and I want a pop up window to appear with a form to go in. This will compile it into an order form which they can then E-mail to the central team who arranges it. The form looks like this

Postcode: (Autofilled)
Date: (Autofilled)
Date of Drop (box filled by then)
Expected Drop Number: (Autofilled we have this info for the postcodes)
Branch (Combo box)
Department (Combo box)
Leaflet to drop (Text Box)

A "Cancel" box and a "Add to Order" Box

if added to order, it will be stored temporarily, until they have finished adding all of the postcodes they wish to drop. Once they've compiled their order I will either want to export the order to html/pdf/whatever is easier so I can be E-mailed over to the central team.

My main questions are.

How can I create a pop up window for the input of the orders Solved - Working on borderless window now.

How is best to store the orders so it compiles one direct order, exports to a document or html/email then erases it from the order system.

I am sure there are more questions to follow.

I hope this makes sense with what I am trying to achieve here. Advice would be most welcome.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom