Function issue (1 Viewer)

andy1968

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:42
I've created a function that takes 2 dates and then should find the number of holidays between the 2 dates; the holidays are listed in a table.

Code:
Function Holidays(StartDate As Date, EndDate As Date) As Integer

Holidays = DCount("*", "tblHolidays", "([HolidayDate] <=  EndDate ) AND ([HolidayDate] >=  StartDate )")

End Function
I get a run-time error '2471':

The expression you entered as a query parameter produced this error: 'EndDate'

I've used the same code (without variables) on another form, and it worked fine.

Any ideas?

nhorton79

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:42
Away from computer at the moment so can’t test this but try escaping the string to include the date supplied i.e.

Code:
Holidays = DCount("*", "tblHolidays", "([HolidayDate] <= " & EndDate & ") AND ([HolidayDate] >= " & StartDate & ")")

If this doesn’t work you might also need to add hashes (#) to either side of your date before the double quote escaping I.e.

Code:
Holidays = DCount("*", "tblHolidays", "([HolidayDate] <= #" & EndDate & "#) AND ([HolidayDate] >= #" & StartDate & "#)")

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi Andy. Just curious, what is your Regional Settings?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:42
Or a slightly shorter variation

Code:
Holidays = DCount("*", "tblHolidays", "HolidayDate Between #" & StartDate & "# AND  #" & EndDate & "#")

But, as DBG hinted, if your dates aren't US format, you will need to format them as mm/dd/yyyy in VBA code

andy1968

Registered User.
Local time
Region is set to US.

Isladogs and nhorton79's first suggestions worked!

Thanks all for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom