Games (2 Viewers)

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:04
They should have a little helper guy on the sidelines that help the girls when they fall and the sand needs a little dusting off. :p

Hmm. I wonder if Access database experience would be in the requirements for that job.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
leave the girlie volley ball in - - great in the UK - where its gonna turn into a wet t-shirt competion as well ..(I will be praying for rain ) .

lol..

Ok, but why do the guys get to watch the girls play volleyball in those little bikinis, but all of the male swimmers now wear those ugly full body black suits. What kind of fun is that? What happened to the little speedos?

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 13:04
You get the diving and swimming guys. Or so I've heard :p

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
You get the diving and swimming guys. Or so I've heard :p

Not anymore, thanks to speedo's suit innovation. Although Michael phelps at least walked around the pool without it on for part of the time.

Freya

Local time
Today, 18:04
By the way, love your choice of alias - Norse Goddess of love !!

Oh, and, welcome to the forum. Hope they don't put you off :D

I know. :eek: I got off lightly, my Mum chose my name, my Dad chose my brothers - Bes. I know he was a good God, but please! He calls himself Brian :eek:

puzzled

Access VUP
Local time
Today, 18:04
I know. :eek: I got off lightly, my Mum chose my name, my Dad chose my brothers - Bes. I know he was a good God, but please! He calls himself Brian :eek:
Hmmm, looks suspiciously like someones trying to boost their post count, you do know that this forum has ways and means;)

rustyCrVx

The Post is a Lie
Local time
Today, 12:04
Hmmm, looks suspiciously like someones trying to boost their post count, you do know that this forum has ways and means;)

Oh no! If they up their post count then the whole forum will think them to be more important and knowledgable than they really are:eek:

What will we ever do?:confused:?

statsman

Local time
The skimpy beach volleyball suits for ladies started at the last Olympics. The international body (no pun intended) made a deal with Nike or someone and the ladies MUST wear them during a sanctioned competition. Regardless of fashion, you still have to "out-point" your opponent to win.
There were a few complaints about the ladies full body swim suits as well. Seems that one of the brands became see-through when wet.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
There were a few complaints about the ladies full body swim suits as well. Seems that one of the brands became see-through when wet.

Now why is it that only happened to the women . . . .

statsman

Local time
Now why is it that only happened to the women . . . .

I am informed by my wife...seen one, seen them all.
The men wear an additional garment over their naughty bits. Prevents the anatomy from acting like a rudder.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
I am informed by my wife...seen one, seen them all.
The men wear an additional garment over their naughty bits. Prevents the anatomy from acting like a rudder.

Hmmm. Not sure I quite agree with your wife. I tend to think it is because men are the ones designing the suits!

statsman

Local time
The "seen one, seen them all" comment was in reference to the male anatomy.

sandy6078

Take a deep breath
Local time
Why couldn't the beach volley ball guys play without shirts? That would have been pleasant to watch.

sandy6078

Take a deep breath
Local time
As for the male diving competition...for one thing they were awfully young.

statsman

Local time
I know :) Still don't agree.

Actually, they come in two general categories: Helmets and Anteaters.
As circumcision is still routine in North America, we rarely see the latter. :D

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I tend to like the more "traditional" events like floor exercises, rings, bars, balance beam, track & field. Even the jiu-jitsu and other Oriental martial arts make for good Olympic games. But some of the events were more in the "you've GOT to be kidding" variety.

Still, having a variety of sports makes it possible for an old geezer like me to have hope. Maybe my Tiddlywinks team can win a gold medal next time around. (In Tiddlywinks, I'm the "left wink" position.)

As much as they want to have their honors and as much as countries want the gold for a propaganda and public morale issue, I think the pro athletes should be banned unless they go semi-retired for a fixed period. It's a matter of practice. If you do something for a living, you practice a LOT so you keep on making that living. Amateurs don't do so much practice as the pro players.

The "Doonesbury" series involving the "Berzerkistan" adopted players was too close to the mark to be funny. You have to wonder how many failing athletes will end up missing or maimed after a really poor performance representing a totalitarian government.

dapfeifer

Bringing Maverick Mojo
Local time
=...But some of the events were more in the "you've GOT to be kidding" variety...

I hear you on this one. BMX bike racing? Are you serious? In the mean time we'll drop softball...for BMX bike racing...what a joke.

Now, softball is reasonably popular in America, so maybe that's why I care more, but seriously...BMX Bike racing?

And I do enjoy the olympics. At no other time am I able to actually watch the talents of athletes from the other countries. Take Usian Bolt for example. Absolutely amazing to watch him run. Sure, there are the world championships every year, but NBC doesn't quite seem to care about those.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
I hear you on this one. BMX bike racing? Are you serious? In the mean time we'll drop softball...for BMX bike racing...what a joke.

Now, softball is reasonably popular in America, so maybe that's why I care more, but seriously...BMX Bike racing?

And I do enjoy the olympics. At no other time am I able to actually watch the talents of athletes from the other countries. Take Usian Bolt for example. Absolutely amazing to watch him run. Sure, there are the world championships every year, but NBC doesn't quite seem to care about those.

BMX bike racing and...trampoline? When did trampoline become an Olympic sport? My hubby was complaining because it seemed like all they were ever showing was gymnastics or diving, at least once Phelps was done with his swimming. Once the regular gymnastics was over they began with the "rhythmic" gymnastics during which one dances around with a ball or hula hoop or ribbon. I suppose it is for those who couldn't cut it with the real gymnastics sports. Meanwhile, there were a lot of events that didn't seem to get any coverage at all, like weightlifting (a popular choice at our house). ;) Not a lot of coverage for any of the track and field either, with exception of the sprinters which I find fairly dull to watch. I would much prefer to watch long jump or pole vault or discus or just about anything other than just...running fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom