Get off my property (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:55
The problem the left here has is that they believe with all their little black hearts that guns kill people. They also believe that cars kill people as you might think if you read the news reports of leftists driving a car through a Christmas parade. Clearly it was the car that killed the people, not the evil person driving it.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
The media here thinks that they are all cowboys shooting all over the place.
:ROFLMAO: - that is what they said too. Hopefully they have a little more objectivity now. Those youngsters could really drink too!

drive some kind of big 4x4 Cadillac or mustang (Chevrolet is acceptable)
Chevrolet is NEVER acceptable, and for the record, I drive a Subaru...how anti-climatic is THAT?

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I had to change hairdressers after almost getting killed on more than one occasion pulling out of their parking lot. New Canaan is a wealthy suburb and apparently every one drives a SUV. So when every vehicle parked on a very busy two-lane street is an SUV, there is no way I can see over them from my compact as I try to pull into traffic. They probably all spit on my car as they passed anyway assuming I was the hired help and so didn't even belong on that street.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
On another note, I knew a Brazilian woman, married to an American, living in Italy and had NEVER been to the US. She honestly believed that if you did not have health insurance in the US, then you simply "died in the street" if you needed emergency care.

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 16:55
On another note, I knew a Brazilian woman, married to an American, living in Italy and had NEVER been to the US. She honestly believed that if you did not have health insurance in the US, then you simply "died in the street" if you needed emergency care.
There are many misunderstandings about health care in US.
Once and for all let's clear the case.

What I'd like to know for now :
  1. If somebody's in a critical situation and is carried to a hospital and he needs some kind of surgery that his health care doesn't support, does the hospital start the medication (surgery) or they check first for his ability to pay several thousands dollars expense of the surgery and the after care medication?
  2. Is it true that you are charged for the ambulance?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
There are many misunderstandings about health care in US.
Once and for all let's clear the case.

What I'd like to know for now :
  1. If somebody's in a critical situation and is carried to a hospital and he needs some kind of surgery that his health care doesn't support, does the hospital start the medication (surgery) or they check first for his ability to pay several thousands dollars expense of the surgery and the after care medication?
  2. Is it true that you are charged for the ambulance?
Before anyone answers, tell me, is there a bet on the answer?

KitaYama

Local time
😅 😅
No, the vacation is over and from today everyone is on his job.

The questions I asked, are teasing me for a long time. I also have seen several documentaries about health care in US. But someone told me never believe what you see in a documentary. There's a good chance it's only one side of the problem and there may be another side of the case.

So asking those who actually living there, is more appropriate.

PS : I also read in your other thread about health care and those who go to US for treatment. I really wanted to write there and explain a lot of things, but I'm at work and have little free time. Maybe sometime else.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Tricky question. If they are taken to the emergency room, the hospital will do everything to save a life (DNRs withstanding). If it is a non-emergency, the hospital will check to see if the patient's insurance covers it. That is an oversimplification and I'm sure there are exceptions, but I am no expert.
  1. Is it true that you are charged for the ambulance?
Yes...and it is expensive

KitaYama

Local time
Tricky question.
No, I don't think so. The documentaries I saw, was showing that someone in a critical situation of life or death and the hospital was waiting for a clearance of the ability to pay.
It also was showing that in numerous cases, the hospital put the patient on a taxi and sent him out, because he couldn't pay the expense. The patient was still on a drip (if it's the correct word. I just looked it up in a dictionary)
Most of the scene was recorded from hidden cameras and so many cases. Not only one.

I just wanted to see if it's true or not.
No tricky at all if you ask me.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
No, I don't think so. The documentaries I saw, was showing that someone in a critical situation of life or death and the hospital was waiting for a clearance of the ability to pay.
It also was showing that in numerous cases, the hospital put the patient on a taxi and sent him out, because he couldn't pay the expense. The patient was still on a drip (if it's the correct word. I just looked it up in a dictionary)
Most of the scene was recorded from hidden cameras and so many cases. Not only one.

I just wanted to see if it's true or not.
No tricky at all if you ask me.
Well then you seem to know more than me...

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I can do neither, maybe someone else will chime in...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:55
@KitaYama

It sort of depends on what kind of hospital you go to. A certified trauma center cannot turn you away for life-saving action but there are "boutique" hospitals that don't have that requirement. For instance, my wife had hand surgery at one of those boutique (i.e. specialty) hospitals. If they aren't equipped for trauma response, they can legally say "no" and get away with it.

Many years ago, my father died of a coronary event, a myocardial infarction, and was transported by ambulance to a trauma center. He passed away but not before doctors worked to get some sign of life from him. When he had been unresponsive with no heartbeat for about half an hour, they had no choice but to declare his death. We were later told his heart muscle had so badly damaged itself that nothing could be done, which implies that they must have cracked his chest open to know that. We never once got a bill for the hospital OR the ambulance ride, and I know that because at that time, my mother had already started down her final path to dementia. We had insurance that would have covered Dad's costs, and I handled the estate because Mom could not. But nothing ever came our way.

There ARE horror stories about incredibly strict hospitals, but there are also true stories about hospitals that try their best to keep helping people. The horror stories, however, are reported by sensationalist-oriented news stations that seek overly ghastly headlines because that is how they keep their ratings. The success stories get a LOT less broadcast coverage. And therefore, I would suggest that you take into account that there is a headlines, ratings, and sponsors motive behind some of the more horrible reports. Which is not to say they don't happen. But the reporters pick and choose the stories to emphasize based on just how sensationalized they can make it.

You also find stories about illegal immigrants who go to emergency rooms precisely because they know they cannot be turned away but they have no money for a traditional doctor. So no continuing care, no regular-practice doctors, no regular medical history. And during the height of the COVID pandemic, no capacity. We have a friend who is an emergency room support person - gets called in when her specialty is needed. She has told us of what often seems to be a never-ending stream of poor people who can only be helped so much before the hospitals run out of resources and the hospital people run out of stamina. And yet they never run out of patients.

KitaYama

Local time
@KitaYama

It sort of depends on what kind of hospital you go to. A certified trauma center cannot turn you away for life-saving action but there are "boutique" hospitals that don't have that requirement. For instance, my wife had hand surgery at one of those boutique (i.e. specialty) hospitals. If they aren't equipped for trauma response, they can legally say "no" and get away with it.

Many years ago, my father died of a coronary event, a myocardial infarction, and was transported by ambulance to a trauma center. He passed away but not before doctors worked to get some sign of life from him. When he had been unresponsive with no heartbeat for about half an hour, they had no choice but to declare his death. We were later told his heart muscle had so badly damaged itself that nothing could be done, which implies that they must have cracked his chest open to know that. We never once got a bill for the hospital OR the ambulance ride, and I know that because at that time, my mother had already started down her final path to dementia. We had insurance that would have covered Dad's costs, and I handled the estate because Mom could not. But nothing ever came our way.

There ARE horror stories about incredibly strict hospitals, but there are also true stories about hospitals that try their best to keep helping people. The horror stories, however, are reported by sensationalist-oriented news stations that seek overly ghastly headlines because that is how they keep their ratings. The success stories get a LOT less broadcast coverage. And therefore, I would suggest that you take into account that there is a headlines, ratings, and sponsors motive behind some of the more horrible reports. Which is not to say they don't happen. But the reporters pick and choose the stories to emphasize based on just how sensationalized they can make it.

You also find stories about illegal immigrants who go to emergency rooms precisely because they know they cannot be turned away but they have no money for a traditional doctor. So no continuing care, no regular-practice doctors, no regular medical history. And during the height of the COVID pandemic, no capacity. We have a friend who is an emergency room support person - gets called in when her specialty is needed. She has told us of what often seems to be a never-ending stream of poor people who can only be helped so much before the hospitals run out of resources and the hospital people run out of stamina. And yet they never run out of patients.
Thanks Doc. I think I have a grasp of the situation now.

Grumm

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:55
:ROFLMAO: - that is what they said too. Hopefully they have a little more objectivity now. Those youngsters could really drink too!

Chevrolet is NEVER acceptable, and for the record, I drive a Subaru...how anti-climatic is THAT?
I can agree that if they are drinking in Praque, it is like water for us xD
How about Fords ?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I can agree that if they are drinking in Praque, it is like water for us xD
Yes...I have taken local beer tours in Brussels and Antwerp and I have to admit, the beer was first-rate! Basically all European beer is superior to what we have here in the states. There are some craft breweries that are great but federal regulations make it almost impossible for them to get adequate distribution - pity.
How about Fords ?
Lol, I was just joking around on that one. Chevy vs Ford is an old feud that goes as far back as 1936. They both have a respectable place in American history, but it is a polarizing subject. Ford lovers like me (my first car was a 1969 Ford Mustang) HATE Chevy's and vice-versa.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:55
Yes...I have taken local beer tours in Brussels and Antwerp and I have to admit, the beer was first-rate! Basically all European beer is superior to what we have here in the states. There are some craft breweries that are great but federal regulations make it almost impossible for them to get adequate distribution - pity.

Lol, I was just joking around on that one. Chevy vs Ford is an old feud that goes as far back as 1936. They both have a respectable place in American history, but it is a polarizing subject. Ford lovers like me (my first car was a 1969 Ford Mustang) HATE Chevy's and vice-versa.

I stopped drinking beer long ago. Goes in yellow and foamy. Comes out yellow and foamy. Add to it that the imported warm-brewed beer smells strongly going in and out, and is warm going in and out. Realized that I was in essence paying the cost of the beer for no more than 5% of the content. Got tired of being a middle-man. Switched to Scotch whiskey.

I'm a Chrysler products man myself. I remember the feud during my high school years, continuous banter between Ford and Chevy owners, though. The Chevy side would taunt "Found on road dead" and "Fix or repair daily" where as the Ford side would talk about how ALL Chevy cars should be called Nova, as it is Spanish for "does not go."

Grumm

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:55
Yeah, sorry for asking haha.
I am well aware of the Chevy vs Ford stuff. Yet for me (a car = means to get from point A to B) it is funny to hear stuff like that.

But also nice to read some insides on the 'Get out of my property' subject.
I watch a lot of things on Youtube and to be honest, it seems most really don't like trespassers on your land/drive way
(The road-rages are also funny to watch)

It is almost like if someone is 1 inch to close, in a split second it is all fists/guns out.

So I wonder also after watching all those cop encounters on YT, do you all stand that tall behind those amendments.
I've seen a lot that refuses to show ID when police is asking for or they don't have the rights to ask this and that ?

Here, if you get pulled over by the police, you respect the person and just give whatever he/she is asking lol

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
So I wonder also after watching all those cop encounters on YT, do you all stand that tall behind those amendments.
Just like the guns and motorcycle thing, those are not all that common which is why they are so popular on YT.
I've seen a lot that refuses to show ID when police is asking for or they don't have the rights to ask this and that ?
Here in the states, the police can not pull you over without a reason: As a citizen you are entitled to know the reason why.
Here, if you get pulled over by the police, you respect the person and just give whatever he/she is asking lol
I cannot think of any time that I have been pulled over, and it happened a LOT when I was younger, that I was not breaking the law. So when they asked me my my credentials, I was polite and complied because I KNEW I was in the wrong. It didn't always go well for me and I was hand-cuffed more than once - mostly drinking and driving - but for the most part, things went well for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom