Solved Ghost Form hard to delete (1 Viewer)

ramasco

Local time
Today, 11:49
Hi everybody, 🙂
can you tell me what is this form TMPCL.... (see attached pic)
I do not know what it is, how to delete and, above all, how did I make it? 👻
To fix the problem I started deleting the VBA code associete, then I found the form from the vba Table (not from the list who has no evidence of it) and
deleted all was inside.
The all file is giving me some problem in a query and I don't understand the reason....
Can it be related to a color setting that I introduced by VBA?

in this way:

Code:
Private Sub ConsentiModifiche_Click()

Dim Blcl As Control

Me.AllowEdits = True

If Me.AllowEdits = True Then

For Each Blcl In Forms(Ins_Azienda).Controls
             If TypeOf Blcl Is TextBox Or TypeOf Blcl Is ComboBox Then
             Blcl.BackColor = RGB(219, 243, 219)
             End If
        Next

End If

End Sub

or can it be related to an ".Enabled" VBA command? I did nothing else (i think and hope)

🥶bad news for me?

Thanks
Massimo

Attachments

• Schermata 2020-05-16 alle 15.37.15.png
    Schermata 2020-05-16 alle 15.37.15.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 94

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:49
That is your vb editor object list, yes? I believe it's an orphan due to corruption that could be related to a delete or save that didn't go well. If a compact/repair on the db doesn't work, I'd try a decompile. If still there, I'd start with a new db and copy all of the existing object into it - or just skip c/r or decompile and go straight to a new db. Backup what you have before performing any operations on the db.

ramasco

Local time
Yes.... :cry:
I go for a new db.
Thank you for the super fast answer

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:49
Please let us know how you make out, and if you solve it, mark your thread as solved.
Good luck, and you're welcome!

ramasco

Local time
yes (thanks for telling me)
I did copy and paste of each element. To avoid the risk of transferring the problem on the new db.
I didn't found out the reason of that. I hope it won't happen again.
Thank you again.
I really like this forum

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:49
Hi Massimo
~TMPCLP objects are created when an object is deleted. Normally these are deleted automatically when the database is closed.
However if the database crashes or is abnormally closed such objects can be left behind as orphaned objects in the MSysObjects system table.
If these are left in place, eventually the database may become unstable and lead to corruption.

The MSysObjects table is read only. It cannot be edited directly.
For an explanation of how to delete such objects, see this article: http://www.mendipdatasystems.co.uk/remove-deleted-objects/4594424204
Or on this forum at

Last edited:

ramasco

Local time
thank you so much!!!!!
this Forum is a treasure :D
With your support and this reclusion time i finally will end the project! 😅

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
You're welcome.
In my experience, no project is ever 'finished' 😉

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Let me know whether the removal of the ~TMPCLP object worked for you...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:49
I will add one more thing: When you see something ANYWHERE within Access that begins with a tilde (~), the odds are that Access itself created it for some reason. You might examine the MSysObjects table and see some of those. (Not saying you SHOULD examine it, but if you do....)

Any time you create an implied query using a wizard for a combo box, list box, or a form, you have a chance of creating a tilde query. They are "unnamed" queries that have a name because you saved the thing that the wizard built for you and that "came along for the ride." That should give you an idea of where such things originate. The names are often complex-looking, particularly for combo box or list box .RowSources, but you CAN see them as the result of a .RecordSource "automatic" query.

ramasco

Local time
Hi, thank you.
I followed isladogs's advice and I went to check. My feeling has been like "never open that door".
I need more knowledge for understanding all those row. I made the query (SELECT MSysObjects.* FROM MSysObjects; ) in the new db. Here, for now, there aren't any ~TMPCLP. The other informations are related to (it seams to me) creation or update of object. It's hard for me to say precisely what it is.
Any way other challenges are coming... I don't know what I have done but now a query is taking a lot of time and I have only few records uploaded.... it seams I will come soon with other questions.
thank you very much
(Sorry if my english is not good, i will be better :geek: )

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Do bear in mind that although MSysObjects is a vital system table, it is read only and it is therefore almost impossible to do any harm by looking at it.
However several other system tables can be edited so even more care is needed.

Personally I would always recommend doing anything to system tables in a copy of your database

ramasco

Local time
Good to know, thanks.
I am use to save a copy every few hours of work.
I started with Cre.accdb and now i am at CreA2.accdb for more than 100 updates. And stow all.
And some time a copy on the cloud.....
I have experience of loosing data
but if you have some advice for more efficient strategy, please tell me

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom