Go to Next record loop (1 Viewer)

S1LV3RF0X87

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:25
Is it possible when using the go to next record wizard to program it up when it reaches the end record I.e a null record that it resets itself and starts over again so it's on a loop?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
You should be able to modify the resulting code to do what you want. Not sure the Wizard was designed to do that on its own.

S1LV3RF0X87

Registered User.
Local time
Am just thinking on an idea to help streamline a part of our system so it's more user friendly.

Do you have any idea on what the vba would have to be like in order to do this?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:25
It is extremely rare to loop through a recordset in a form. Not unheard of but rare. Forms work on one record at a time and interact with the user. Processing a recordset is a batch process akin to printing monthly invoices or paychecks. You are probably making work for yourself. We can only help you though if you tell us what you are trying to accomplish. Your question doesn't do that. You have made an assumption that you have chosen the correct technique. You just don't know how to implement it but it is more likely that you actually haven't chosen the correct method to accomplish your actual business goal.

S1LV3RF0X87

Registered User.
Local time
The idea for the function is not for the main use of the system.

I have a form that displays an attachment image which would be things like offers an promotions to keep the members informed of whats going on.

I am using traditional wizard commands to navigate through the different promotions backwards an forwards but I was hoping to make the system a little bit more slicker than what it was.

I just want the user to when getting to the end of the next record function rather than see an empty form an having to use the go to previous record function to see previous adverts I.e records that the command would simply just start over again. An therefore not display a blank form.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
So you just want the functionality to go 'next', on a bound form, without the possibility that the "next" command ends up at the blank (new record) screen?

S1LV3RF0X87

Registered User.
Local time
So you just want the functionality to go 'next', on a bound form, without the possibility that the "next" command ends up at the blank (new record) screen?
Yes that's all I am after

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:25
like this one?

Attachments

• RollingForm.accdb
    536 KB · Views: 82

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:25
you're welcome :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom