Grand Final (1 Viewer)

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:16
For those who are interested we have our Grand Final this afternoon. You may be able to watch live.

This is a very different game to what you are used to. I believe the game is now promoted in the US.

essaytee

Need a good one-liner.
Local time
For those who are interested we have our Grand Final this afternoon. You may be able to watch live.

This is a very different game to what you are used to. I believe the game is now promoted in the US.

I'm going against the pundits, Hawthorn by a few points but that is based on the Melbourne/Sydney thing (I'm from Melbourne).

Steve.

RainLover

Local time
Steve

We were robbed. The Swans did not play to expectations.

The game lacked everything.

My Team is the Lions and I also jump on the back of the Suns every now and then. I have always been a Gary Ablett (God) fan and young Garry is even better.

There is always next year if we still have a few players who haven't been found guilty of looking through the window of a Pharmacy.

essaytee

Need a good one-liner.
Local time
I was more peeved with the fact that the game wasn't televised in HD. I'll be watching the EPL tonight and that's in full HD, week in, week out.

Anyway, I'm an Essendon fan but not a fan of Hird or the board. The sooner they are replaced the better.

RainLover

Local time
Anyway, I'm an Essendon fan but not a fan of Hird or the board

My mate who is an x Victorian (from Eurora ) is a mad Essendon fan. Today is the first time I heard bad talk about Hird.

It is a shame that Bommer Thompson won't stick around.

RainLover

Local time
Going back to the AFL final, I heard that the attendance was well into the 90s.

Years ago before they did up the stands I think the record was around 120,000 people.

Now that is a lot of people for one game of footy.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 19:16
:confused:
It was post #6 before I discovered what game you guys were on about, rugby, but hold on a second in post #8 it becomes footy! :confused:

Brian

essaytee

Need a good one-liner.
Local time
:confused:
It was post #6 before I discovered what game you guys were on about, rugby, but hold on a second in post #8 it becomes footy! :confused:

Brian

It was always about AFL. Post #6 sarcastically referred to it as rugby, but he was right in that it wasn't a thrilling game.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
OK dumb question time, what is AFL ? Is it Aussie rules football?

Brian

RainLover

Local time
Brian

Do a search on www.afl.com.au

It is the most popular sport in Australia and is growing to places like America.

It looks a bit on the tame side but Footballers from other codes say that it is too rough for them to play without protective clothing.

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Oops, I didn't watch any of the pre-game stuff but now you mention it I do recall a news snippet regarding a faux pas by Sir Tom.

There's also the bit where he supposedly called someone a *******. I have heard it he clearly says "take care"

Throw ups (ins) - (is that the right term) are my favourite bit of the game.

RainLover

Local time
In fine weather the ball is bounced.

If too much mud etc then the umpire will elect to toss the ball up.

There is more to it than what I just wrote, but for now that will do unless you have further questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom