Graph based on dynamic equation? (1 Viewer)

LHolden

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:15
Hi all,

I'm currently working on a project that calls for a graph that is based on an equation which the users can change while in the database.

the equation is basically an annual compound interest formula: 65*(1+x)^([YearNumber]-1), where x is the rate of change as a decimal, and what the users can change.

I've tried to use a simple query with this equation as one of the expressions, where the x is displayed as [Rate as decimal], but when I do this, I get an error on the table: the database engine does not recognize [Rate as Decimal] as a valid field name or expression.

I've also tried tying the equation to an unbound text box on a form called "RateasDecimal", with a button that opens the form with the graph on it, but I get the same error - except [Rate as Decimal] is replaced with "forms!form1!RateasDecimal".

So I guess my question is: is it possible to create a graph like this in access, and if it is, could someone help me get to a working version of what I've already attempted. Thanks!

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 02:15
Show the SQL string, or post your database with some sample data + name of the form.

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:15
What about to use "RateAsDecimal" (without quotes, of course) as the field name ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom