Graph On Form Using Unbound Text Box Data (1 Viewer)

Ashfaque

Student
Local time
Today, 09:31
Hi,

I am wondering if there is possibility of changing graph which uses text box valued on form. I know graph changes based on values it takes from a table or query. But I need to display graph on same form while changing values in different text boxes.

Example: let us say we have 5 text boxes on form named Txt1 Txt2 Txt3 Txt4 Txt5 with default value 0. The idea is to see the percentage in pictorial way.

User will then enter various values each time when require and want to see the changing graph.

Any help will do.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 20:01
Possibly if query references the textboxes and query is used as source for graph.

SELECT Forms!formname.Txt1 AS F1, Forms!formname.Txt2 AS F2, etc FROM tablename;

Otherwise, use a 'temp' table for this analysis.

If you want more help, could provide db for analysis.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:01
Couldn't you use a bound form instead? Just curious...

Ashfaque

Student
Local time
I have placed one graph on form that represent existing number of different nationalities working in the company including local nationals.
This graph is based on table call T_JobOffer.

I categorized the data into 2 sections.... One textbox displays number of expatriates working in each dept. and another text box displays number of local nationals. This is no problem. The graph is working ok.

Further I have placed some other unbound text boxes besides each dept. Txt1 Txt2 for Expat workers and Local workers. In this I want to check which dept has more expats and less local nationals so that we will enter some numbers to add some employees to gain some higher percent of local employees.

Pls see the attached pics to understand the whole idea. I want to place another graph besides first graph that will display pictorial view of 2 circled figures (in first pic).

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• 1-Display Percent.jpg
    1-Display Percent.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 232
  • 2-Graph.jpg
    2-Graph.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 225

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 20:01
Images do not really provide anything new of significance nor alter my comments.

Ashfaque

Student
Local time
Thanks June7.

My backend is on server. I will try to make it local tble and send you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom