Greater Than Just Won't Work (1 Viewer)

A

Axeman_TheGreat

:confused: Newbie to Access

Hi All,

I am trying to show any values over $50.00 from a column of values in Access. I have had varying success using different ideas . . . but not one of them will give me the result that I need . . . I have perused the boards for some time now and tried things that I have seen, but to no avail.

If I keep on like this I reckon that the ever decreasing circles that I am going in, will disappear somewhere dark, very soon.

Please Help . . . :confused:

R

Rich

>50 in the criteria of you values column in a query will work, provided their not calulated within the same query

A

Axeman_TheGreat

Hi Rich, thanks for being so quick off the mark . . .

I'm still :confused: , because that is exactly what I have in there but it won't give me back the correct answers . . . I have pulled the SQL bit from the menu, I hope you can see where I went wrong.

SELECT Products.[Product Number], Products.Title, Products.Class, Products.Media, Products.Publisher, Products.Price, Products.Carriage, Products.[Delivery (days)]
FROM Products
WHERE (((Products.Class)="Commercial") AND ((Products.Publisher)<>"Sage") AND ((Products.Price)>50)) OR (((Products.Class)="Utility"));

:confused:

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Today, 16:20
Folow your logic trail - right now it says - "Include data where Class is 'Commercial' and Publisher is 'Sage' and Price is greater than $50, OR where Class is 'Utility'". I think what you meant to say was "Where Class is 'Commercial' or 'Utility', and ..."

Either duplicate the other two criteria for the second criteria line of Class, or rearrange the parentheses in SQL view:
WHERE (Products.Class="Commercial" OR Products.Class ="Utility") AND Products.Publisher <> "Sage" AND Products.Price > 50;

A

Axeman_TheGreat

Hi David R

Well what can I say to you

Except

Thank you very much, I altered the SQL as you suggested and it works really well . . .

Once again . . . Thank You

:D

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Today, 16:20
Small bills only, please..

Oh wait, aren't the larger denominations bigger in the UK? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom