Just a Beginner (1 Viewer)

G Peter Battisson

Local time
Today, 20:49
Hi Everybody,
Thanks for giving me -a one arthritic finger Septuagenarian typist keen to achieve my goal- the opportunity to join AccessWorld, it's what I really need to be successful.

I am a new-comer to Access and currently doing the Beginners Course with Richard Roast of Access Learning Zone.

I am in the process of creating a Workshop Control Database. I have wanted to do this since 1990, however, there never seemed any time left in my day to even get started.

Currently there is no available database that would allow an Automotive Workshop comply with the legislation in the Australian States and Territories. The legislation is so varied and complex.

The "Dream" I have, is to make the information available to the workshop operators in a usable way.

I want it to be affordable to the smallest operator at the absolute bare minimum cost too. One or Two man/woman operations cannot afford to pay for the current options, even that said those options don't comply in full anyway.

Kindest regards
G Peter Battisson
(Motormouse)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:49
Welcome to Access World! We're so happy to have you join us as a member of our community. As the most active Microsoft Access discussion forum on the internet, with posts dating back more than 20 years, we have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with you.

We're a friendly and helpful community, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have or share your own experiences with Access. We're here to support you and help you get the most out of this powerful database program.

To get started, we recommend reading the post linked below. It contains important information for all new users of the forum:

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We hope you have a great time participating in the discussion and learning from other Access enthusiasts. We look forward to having you around!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:49
Hello, Peter, and welcome to the forum. Good luck on your project goals. We have some Ozzies who would know things about your local regulations and we have done a few shop-floor threads in the forum. As you are a newbie, I suggest that you learn to use our SEARCH feature in the right-hand end of our menu bar. You suggest that you are still learning, so let me toss something that, if you have not put it on your list before, do it now. Learn about database normalization. Your course might touch on that but there are tons of web articles on the subject. If you do the web search, be sure to include "database normalization" because other disciplines also use "normalization" in some way and it would surely be confusing to get articles on math or chemistry or diplomacy when searching.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:49
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:49
Welcome aboard AWF, Peter!