Hanging up my mouse (1 Viewer)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 17:52
Hi all
Today is the day I effectively hang up my mouse after 44 years in IT, Ok I actually finish tomorrow but I wont be doing any real work, just tidying my desk before going for drinks at lunch time.

Things have changed several times since I started as a trainee programmer in March ’62, we now have more power in our hands than we dreamed of back then, I remember, vaguely when we got our first IBM 360 in 1968, we decided to go mad and get a biggie , all of 512K !!:cool: , Mega and Giga didn’t exist , who would have thought that we would be handling claims for a storm in the 80s on a Terradata machine.

I’ve enjoyed my career , of course its had its ups and downs, frustrations and even slow moments but on the whole its been challenging and a period of continual learning, thus making it interesting and worthwhile.

I wish you all the best in your chosen careers and hope that you will be as satisfied as I have been.

I will pop onto the forum from time to time to see who is winding up whom.:D

Brian

R

Rich

Brianwarnock said:
I will pop onto the forum from time to time to see who is winding up whom.:D

Brian
Don't worry Brian, Col and I will do our best to control them. :cool:
I hope you have a long and happy retirement :)

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
All the best Brian, enjoy your retirement, I'm sure the cooler will miss your common sense contributions. Don't worry I'll keep do my best to keep Rich & Col out of trouble.
Cheers Barry

reclusivemonkey

Registered User.
Local time
Congratulations Brian, more time to spend at the Philamonic now? (I was at Uni in Liverpool ;-) )

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 18:52
Happy retirement Brian.
Hope that your retirement will be as enjoyable as your career.

Cheers, Ron

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Best wishes Bri, you will be sadly missed :(

Be sure to pop in from time to time and help me wind Rich up about the Mancs :p

All the best
Hay

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Good luck Bri - we'll all miss you. Thanks for your help in the past.;)

Rich and I will try our best to keep some sort of order in the 'cooler don't worry.:D

Have fun and get that bloody garden sorted / paint the house etc etc

Mrs Bri has refined her list no doubt - when does she plan on you starting on her to-do list?. . . . . . . 8:30 tomorrow morning?

Take care, all the best mate
Col

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Today, 12:52
Congrats on your retirment.

Yes, you need to pop in from time to time to give encouragment to us youngin's who are just starting out in the IT field.

Good luck on your honey do list. I am sure it is quit long.

R

Rich

Hayley Baxter said:
help me wind Rich up about the Mancs :p
Hay
You can't and in any case a soon as we get rid of American money and get our hands on unlimited Russian funds we'll be back where we belong, On Top! :cool:

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
You can't and in any case a soon as we get rid of American money and get our hands on unlimited Russian funds we'll be back where we belong, On Top! :cool:

What was that song you kept telling me about again

oh yes....dream dream dream.........I have it here actually, I must dig it out and send it to you so you can sing along :p

Hay

R

Rich

Hayley Baxter said:
What was that song you kept telling me about again

oh yes....dream dream dream.........I have it here actually, I must dig it out and send it to you so you can sing along :p

Hay
You've misspelt "We are the champions" look up Queen :cool: :p

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
You've misspelt "We are the champions" look up Queen :cool: :p

But you are not the champions Richey. The Gers are though....for the time being :cool:

Hay

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Thanks for your best wishes guys and girls. You seem to be able to put Rich in his place without any help Hay but I will be back, however we need to start playing better before I talk football Arsenal gave us alesson on Sunday but let us off lightly.

The visible todo list is quite lengthy but is now headed by getting a new car to replace the one the clown wrote off on the 1st of the month, probably take the Motability route , Hazel might aswell own the car she owns everything else:D

Brian

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Hayley / Rich - stop arguing on Brians thread;)

Col

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Hayley / Rich - stop arguing on Brians thread;)

Col

Yes please accept my apologies Bri, I have told Rich time and time again to behave himself but as usual he insits on causing trouble. :eek:

I will apologise on his behalf though :cool:

Hay

R

Rich

Sorry Bri, I guess we shouldn't try and make light hearted small talk on what should be a celebration of having reached such a milestone in the first place.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Hey Guys it wouldn't be normal if Rich wasn't hijacking a thread and arguing with all and sundry:D

Brian

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 11:52
Contratulations on your retirement, Brian. I hope you take some time away from your honeydo list to do some of the things you would really like to do. ;)

I do hope you'll pop back in from time to time and let us know how you are doing. We'll miss your sensible point of view so you'll have to come back and throw your two cents worth in every now and then. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom