hello Access lovers! (1 Viewer)

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:19
Your welcome Notiiced you like riding bicycles I do a bit of that at the moment I'm limited to keep fit but have been know to do 100 mile runs
that's great, Mick! I mostly ride to do my little part to not pollute to run errands, and it keeps me doing something active. Now though, I oil my knees to keep them working right. Several years ago, I did a 165-mile ride with my kids (little one was only 8! and the youngest rider in the tour). Don't think I could do that now though! Still it is good, and I'm happy to have been riding since I was young. I've met many who've never been on a bicycle, and that makes me want to do something to help change that. When I was growing up, most all the kids had bikes, and I think it should still be that way!

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:19
lol, actually I have but its been several decades! My older brother had one and rode it all over. I tried it but couldn't balance. I was just a kid, and that was before I got so heavily into gymnastics. Maybe I'd been better when I got older, but I never had opportunity to try it again. Why do you ask? Do you ride one?
No I don't ride one. ;) I have thirteen unicycles plus some interchangeable wheels for different purposes and two Ultimate Wheels (unicycles without a frame or seat). The biggest has a 36 inch wheel, disc brake, handlebars, titanium frame and carbon fibre saddle. Some of them are munis (mountain unicycles). You could say I am seriously into unicycling.

If you are into gymnastics you would probably pick it up quite quickly with the right advice about technique. Most places it is easy to buy a second hand unicycle very cheaply as it is a buyer's market. There are a lot of poor quality ones but occasionally really good ones come along for much the same asking prices.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:19
thanks, Galaxiom, I'm impressed! You make me want to buy one and try it!

> "right advice about technique "
any suggestions?

>"quality"
what are some good brands? or what to look for?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom