hello Access lovers! (1 Viewer)

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:04
I've been using Access for a long time and love sharing knowledge about my favorite application!

Call me a geek, but answering questions is fun! Growing up, I was the kid in class who always had their hand up to be called upon. Nice that in forums, this is a good thing ;) I like being appreciated, and questions motivate me to keep learning.

Sometimes I ask questions too, but not very often since I usually know how to find the answers myself. Love the internet!

A little about me:

After getting a degree in engineering, I began consulting almost right away because I like being independent. For years, I trained in classrooms and wrote programs for others, all by myself, sometimes for months at a time. While I was good at it, it was lonely. Now I combine programming and training by connecting and building applications together as a team, which I find highly rewarding.

I've written a lot of programs for myself since I find there is very little that Access can't do. I share tools and code on my website, have more that I plan to post someday, and many are in progress. I also make video tutorials.

My favorite sports to do are riding bicycles, playing softball, swimming, and gardening, if that counts as a sport (mostly I like eating what grows!). To watch: gymnastics, ballet, ice skating, dancing and anything dance-like such as skate boarding and parkour. I also enjoy watching field and court sports, but usually only if I know someone who is playing that I can cheer for.

A big passion is music -- play piano, sing, and write songs and poetry. I love karaoke! and photography, animals, children, drawing, being creative, and admiring creativity in others.

I live in a little town in the middle of America, which is great for me since it's peaceful, friendly, and I like the country better than cities. When I was younger, I was lucky to have opportunities to travel to Europe, Africa, and the Far East. I've been to many states in America too, including Hawaii, but not Alaska. I enjoy learning about other cultures and try to speak other languages, but unless its a logical one like VBA, I have a hard time remembering the words.

I look forward to making new friends and meeting others who love Access.

warm regards,
crystal

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 16:04
Well AWF has just gained a valuable asset!

Welcome to AWF, Crystal! I've been watching your tutorials and reading your contributions for years and I'm glad you decided to join us. Again, welcome.

John

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:04
My favorite sports to do are riding bicycles, playing softball, swimming, and gardening, if that counts as a sport (mostly I like eating what grows!). To watch: gymnastics, ballet, ice skating, dancing and anything dance-like such as skate boarding and parkour.

Have you ever tried riding a unicycle? You sound like the kind of person who would enjoy it. It is kind of a dance.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 21:04
Hi Crystal
I thought you were already a member. You are a very welcome addition to this forum

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Have you ever tried riding a unicycle? You sound like the kind of person who would enjoy it. It is kind of a dance.
lol, actually I have but its been several decades! My older brother had one and rode it all over. I tried it but couldn't balance. I was just a kid, and that was before I got so heavily into gymnastics. Maybe I'd been better when I got older, but I never had opportunity to try it again. Why do you ask? Do you ride one?

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Hi Crystal
I thought you were already a member. You are a very welcome addition to this forum

thank you, Colin! I look forward to sharing and learning too. Nice to see you here as well :)

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Welcome Crystal. Nice to have you aboard :D
I like others thought you were already a member here.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Welcome, Crystal. I remember seeing your posts in other forums some time ago, but since I retired, I mostly stick to this forum.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
thanks, Minty! I've heard of this forum as its been around a long time, but didn't explore it before now. Nice place ~

Dreamweaver

Local time
Your welcome Notiiced you like riding bicycles I do a bit of that at the moment I'm limited to keep fit but have been know to do 100 mile runs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom