Hello from Jerusalem (1 Viewer)

Shimon

Local time
Today, 13:34
Hi,
I'm Shimon from Jerusalem, Israel.
I'm an Access user from about 1995 (dabbled in DOS based db program, before that). I wouldn't call myself a programmer, as I've done very little programming.
The last 20 years, I've been involved mostly in the SW engineering world, teaching and coaching software analysis and design.
I'm back to Access for maintaining and tweaking a program that my wife uses.
Hope to enjoy this forum.
All the best,
Shimon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:34
Welcome to Access World! We're so happy to have you join us as a member of our community. As the most active Microsoft Access discussion forum on the internet, with posts dating back more than 20 years, we have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with you.

We're a friendly and helpful community, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have or share your own experiences with Access. We're here to support you and help you get the most out of this powerful database program.

To get started, we recommend reading the post linked below. It contains important information for all new users of the forum:

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We hope you have a great time participating in the discussion and learning from other Access enthusiasts. We look forward to having you around!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:34
Hello, Shimon, and welcome to the forums.

Be aware that we have a lively and probably HIGHLY opinionated thread on the current conflict in your vicinity. Good luck in staying away from the conflicts there. If you sense conflicts here, it is because we tend to be highly diversified and that means people from all sides of any issue are likely to be present.

Shimon

Local time
Thanks Doc. I found that thread and started reading it.
In general, I try to keep politics ( and religion) out of my workspace conversation.
Shimon

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:34
Welcome @Shimon I think you will find that many of us would appreciate having you participate.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:34
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:34
Welcome to AWF, Shimon.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 03:34
It's very interesting, I read an article once that the old adage (keep politics and religion out of ... well pretty much everywhere, workspace, dinner parties, polite conversation, etc. etc., if you want to be successful) is a unique American thing. Or maybe the article was saying not just American, but only a few cultures are like that, where they just cannot seem to keep from becoming mortal enemies if they discuss politics or religion. If I recall correctly, the article was saying that Europe is not like this. That everyone discusses both but especially politics, in the workplace, at the dinner parties, in polite conversation, etc, the more the merrier. And I thought to myself "that's nifty!"

Welcome to AWF. Our "workspace" is all of the technical forums. Our "non-workspace" are places like the Watercooler and the aptly named Politics forum, so we have both.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:34
.... If I recall correctly, the article was saying that Europe is not like this. That everyone discusses both but especially politics, in the workplace, at the dinner parties, in polite conversation, etc, the more the merrier. .....
I think it can be difficult/misleading to generalize but I wouldn't say that was true of the UK.
Perhaps another good reason for us not being in Europe ;)

DonaldDennis

Local time
Hi,
I'm Shimon from Jerusalem, Israel.
I'm an Access user from about 1995 (dabbled in DOS based db program, before that). I wouldn't call myself a programmer, as I've done very little programming.
The last 20 years, I've been involved mostly in the SW engineering world, teaching and coaching software analysis and design.
I'm back to Access for maintaining and tweaking a program that my wife uses.
Hope to enjoy this forum.
All the best,
Shimon
welcome to the forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom