Help! Filter not filtering - Access does not support this property or method (1 Viewer)

veraloopy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:34
:)My database has a section where 'quotes' are created based on a 'follow up' and a 'demo' for a specific 'customer'

I have a form 'frmQuoteLink' with 2 subforms as we have 2 completely different types of quotes that we do. Each record on the subform contains a 'CustRef', 'CustFlwUpID' and a 'CustDemoID'

From these fields I need to create a 'Quote', each quote has to reference the CustRef, CustFlwUpID and CustDemoID, so I have the following code in place to set the filter to these fields and then open the form 'frmQuotes' using this information.

If a quote has already been created, the QuoteID is used to filter instead.

The problem is that when I try to open the form (using a command button), I keep getting an error saying that this property or method is not supported. :confused:

Code:
Dim stDocName As String
Dim strFilter As String
Dim stLinkCriteria As String

If Me.QuoteNumber = "" Or IsNull(QuoteNumber) Then
stDocName = "frmQuotes"
strFilter = "[CustRef] = " & [Forms]![frmQuoteLink]![frmSubQuoteLinkConv]![CustRef] & " AND [CustFlwUpID] = " & [Forms]![frmQuoteLink]![frmSubQuoteLinkConv].[CustFlwUpID] & " AND [CustDemoID] = " & [Forms]![frmQuoteLink]![frmSubQuoteLinkConv].[CustDemoID]
stLinkCriteria = strFilter
DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria

Else
stDocName = "frmQuotes"
strFilter = "[QuoteID] = " & [Forms]![frmQuoteLink]![CreateQuoteConv]![QuoteID]
stLinkCriteria = strFilter
DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
End If

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have to give a presentation on this tomorrow morning :)

JamesMcS

Keyboard-Chair Interface
Local time
Hi, I think you've got too many commas in there, and you don't need to make stlinkcriteria = strfilter. Try
Code:
DoCmd.OpenForm "frmQuotes", , strfilter

veraloopy

Registered User.
Local time
Tried that but its still showing the same error, on debug, it shows this line as having the problem:

Code:
strFilter = "[CustRef] = " & [Forms]![frmQuoteLink]![frmSubQuoteLinkConv]![CustRef] & " AND [CustFlwUpID] = " & [Forms]![frmQuoteLink]![frmSubQuoteLinkConv].[CustFlwUpID] & " AND [CustDemoID] = " & [Forms]![frmQuoteLink]![frmSubQuoteLinkConv].[CustDemoID]

JamesMcS

Keyboard-Chair Interface
Local time
Hmm OK. What data types are custref, custflwupid etc.? All numbers? If any of them are strings you'd need to encapsulate them in quotes. Also try building the filter one element at a time and see if there's one particular one that's causing a problem.

veraloopy

Registered User.
Local time
They are all number fields...

How can I build the filter one at a time? sorry i've only ever done them as above

JamesMcS

Keyboard-Chair Interface
Local time
Sorry, I meant start with
Code:
strFilter = "[CustRef] = " & [Forms]![frmQuoteLink]![frmSubQuoteLinkConv]![CustRef]
, then
Code:
strFilter = "[CustRef] = " & [Forms]![frmQuoteLink]![frmSubQuoteLinkConv]![CustRef] & " AND [CustFlwUpID] = " & [Forms]![frmQuoteLink]![frmSubQuoteLinkConv].[CustFlwUpID]
Just experiment to see if one particular one is causing the problem.

JamesMcS

Keyboard-Chair Interface
Local time
And you're only going for two commas in the openform line yeah? If you have a look in the help file at docmd.openform, it'll explain what each of the arguments are for that command, and where in the line of code they should be.

veraloopy

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for all your help James, just figured it out...

For some reason, it didn't like the fact that I had used the 'bang' symbol and the fullstop for the same command.

![CustRef] and .[CustFlwUpID]

Changed the both to '!' symbols and it seems to be working fine now ;-)

Once again, many thanks for all your help ;) ;)

JamesMcS

Keyboard-Chair Interface
Local time
Whoops didn't spot that. Glad it's OK! Good luck with your presentation - I had to do one the other day, it's a breeze! (Nobody knows what you're talking about!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom