Help getting a modern activex webcontrol to to work (so far i tried webkitx) (1 Viewer)

paulc1983

Local time
Today, 22:39
Hi

Im trying to find a way to get chrome or firefox web browser embedded in an access vba form

I tried downloading the webkitx trial, but it does not embed in the form. It opens in another window.

I am either looking for a way to get this working or a for an alternative active x control that will let me use cef, gecko, or edge with modern css and javascript support. Does anyone know of any existing components (paid or free) that can be used in access? or has anybody managed to get the webkitx component working. I did contact them but they told me to just pay for it anyway even though it doesn't work then ask support so Im not sure they are a good choice.

Thanks

Paul

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I can't answer your question but just wondering what functionality is missing from the MS ActiveX Web browser control that makes you seek an alternative. Admittedly that still runs in IE no matter what your default browser is.

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Hi,

You should be able to use the built-in web browser control.

You will have to make a couple of registry tweaks to make it behave like Edge.

Check this link, and specifically the section on Browser Emulation.

hth,

d

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I also wrote a detailed explanation about Web browser emulation in this thread

paulc1983

Local time
Hi thanks for your replies. I already have the control emulating edge, but i am running a sophisticated site inside of it that uses a lot of modern libraries and features that have not been added to internet explorer because it is no longer supported. (eg web sockets and signalR, webassembly, javascript arrow shorthand notation, javascript template string notation). This means more and more third party libraries and tools are nor usable.

One thing that would help would be if it is possible to automatically set the folder for a javascript file download instead of a popup appearing to choose where to save the file. does anyone know if that is possible?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:39
there was a software Longtion Radbuilder (try to download it).
there is a web interface where in a form (with access backend) can be viewed on inet.
it includes graphing capability and other interesting stuff.
instantly your computer can Host the db and the interface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom