Help Me Please (1 Viewer)

burton

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:33
Ok i have posted this before but the thing is with this website when something is posted it gets forgotten. i need to ask for help. i'am doing a project for my AS It course. i need some help. i'am doing a video rental shop and i need to know how i can be reminded when an item is over due. i will tell you what tables i have got.

employer
employee
item list (item ID, Item name, booked, booked by, booked from, Booked until)
Members

i have linked members and item list together and this has formed a relationship. when i type in a booked by, booked from, booked until the data shows up on the members details. here is where my problem lies.

i need to have a form or thing that tells me when something expires. when someone has an item out that is overdue.
if you could help me in anyone way i would be very thankfull.

Newman

Québécois
Local time
Today, 02:33
You could make a report that opens in autoexec. The query that is use for that report would show all the fields you need to contact the members that have overdues and the item description.
In the criteria of the BookedUntil field, add one of these:
"< Date()" or "<= Date()"
(I don't know if you want to be reminded of the items that are booked until today or only the one from the past.)
Newman

burton

Registered User.
Local time
it would be brilliant if it could be for today. thanks for the help

burton

Registered User.
Local time
Also I Would like to include a field that tells me how many days it has been expired for. if anyone knows how to do this then please let me know

Newman

Québécois
Local time
I think that this could do:
DateDiff("d",Date(),[BookedUntil])
But, I had no time to test it.
Newman

burton

Registered User.
Local time
i'm the best

Last edited:

Newman

Québécois
Local time
This is getting a little too deep for me. I THINK that you create a field in the query the form (or report) is based on.
CAUTION! DO NOT put a calculated field in a table.

To have a report opened at the opening of the database, choose «OpenReport» in a field of your «AutoExec» macro and choose your report at the bottom of the window.

For the last part:
if you were to reply could you please stage it please.
I don't understand it. My english is not good enough. You'll have to write it with other words. Sorry!
Newman

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom