Help please (1 Viewer)

Hope

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:20
My db was running great, and everyone was using it, the manager I made this db for wanted me to add date/time in the report so he knew which shift entered what, I just had the date in there and now when I add General date so it shows date and time, now nothing shows on my report

i think there is a bug on my computer or something crazy because I had it working and no it dont do anything

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:20
You are going to have to give us a little more to go on. What *exactly* did you use to put the date on your report?

MStCyr

Local time
My db was running great, and everyone was using it, the manager I made this db for wanted me to add date/time in the report so he knew which shift entered what, I just had the date in there and now when I add General date so it shows date and time, now nothing shows on my report

i think there is a bug on my computer or something crazy because I had it working and no it dont do anything

Good afternoon

Sometimes string formatting can get a bit unreal. You could put 2 separate text boxes at the footer, one would be called Date() and the other one Time(). It's a simple fix for now.

Please see Report1 in the attached database

Best regards

Maurice

Attachments

• db1.zip
    10 KB · Views: 109

Hope

Registered User.
Local time
here you go

Ok, here is the db, if you open up frmtest and go to properties on Date I put in general date and =Now() in to print out current date and time the test was taken, but if you run my report now it shows empty if I put a test in?

It saves in the table but doesn't print the report using the query

Last edited:

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Your query [tblTest Query] is looking for controls on the form frmTest named StartDate and EndDate, but as best I can tell that form has no such controls.

Hope

Registered User.
Local time
This is what I had back when it worked to ask for a range of dates for the report to pull, but it didnt' work either

Between [forms]![frmTest]![Test_Date].[startdate] And [forms]![frmTest]![Test_Date].[enddate]

I noticed the query wont work because I put date in 1/10/08 and it has 1/10/08 and the time so it doesnt recognize it, can this be fixed

Last edited:

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
In order to have your query to work as you describe, you will need two controls on the frmText named StartDate and EndDate. All you have is one named Test_Date.

Hope

Registered User.
Local time
this worked before the way I had it, and
I noticed the query wont work because I put date in 1/10/08 and it has 1/10/08 and the time so it doesnt recognize when I type 1/10/08, can this be fixed

CraigDolphin

GrumpyOldMan in Training
Local time
Today, 07:20
Your report's recordsource refers to two controls on frmtest: (Between [forms]![frmTest].[startdate] And [forms]![frmTest].[enddate])

As far as I can see, neither exists on the frmTest form. Somehwere, you need to actually provide the query with the start and end dates to search between, and a part_num to look for. I'm not sure that the best place for them is frmTest because you don't have that form open when running the report. A more likely candidate would be frmSearch1

Have a look at the attached.

That said, I think you have larger fish to fry in terms of table normalization but it's hard to be sure without understanding the real world system that you are trying to model.

[Edit] Ruralguy beat me to it....didn't mean to intrude RG

Attachments

• TargetDensityNov.zip
    53.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Hope

Registered User.
Local time
look

look at the db? double click on report and startdate type 1/10/08, enddate type 1/10/08 and part type 1001954, then report prints.

On that report I want the date and time stamped when the test is taken

Last edited:

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
It is never an intrusion Craig. I'm sure Hope is glad for the additional assistance.

Hope

Registered User.
Local time
little slow here today

Craig, little confused because I did have my search on frmsearch1 page, but it still isn't pulling in all the info. I will keep looking. You said to have a look at the attached but I didn't see anything different, what did you do?

I just want to be able to have a query that I can search for a part between a date range and have that report show the date and time stamped when the entry is made, and I'm having a hard time with this.

Last edited:

CraigDolphin

GrumpyOldMan in Training
Local time
Hope, look at frmSearch1...you should see three new controls which are now referenced by the query behind the report. Click on the buttons on that form to open the query or report to see the results

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
...and have that report show the date and time stamped when the entry is made...
Does this mean you want the report to show the Date and Time when it was run?

Hope

Registered User.
Local time
going nuts

Ok, Craig, one sorry I was probaly confusing early when I said what are you trying to show, like I said I think something is wrong with my computer at work, anyways I am at home and I opened your link and I now see your controls on the frmSearch1 as to I couldn't see them earlier.

Will look at again at work

Last edited:

Hope

Registered User.
Local time
ok I think

Look above previous thread I wrote you first.

Craig, I think I am ok now. I entered my dates and part in your fields and opened a command button to run the query and everything looked the way I wanted and worked, after I added a test box for time on frmtest(hid it so the operators can't see it) and added it in the query and it seemed to work so far, now I have the date and time the operator did the test. If you want to see it let me know and I will post it for you to look at.

The only other question I have I think for now, it when I open the frmSearch1 screen to enter in my dates, it already has dates in there and I delete and enter what I want and I know you go to design view in Data entry field and click yes so it appears blank, and I have it set to that but the old date keeps defaulting in?

Thanks very much Craig for all your help, I really app it I was going nuts over this, and thank you too RuralGuy

Last edited:

CraigDolphin

GrumpyOldMan in Training
Local time
In the on_current event of the form, there's some code that chooses some default dates that get put into the text controls. You can remove this code if you like, or modify it to use some other 'default' dates. If you remove it, I would make sure to add to validation code to the command buttons to check to be sure dates have been entered into both of the date range text boxes before opening the query or report.

Hope

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah, again I think my computer is nuts because I didn't put that code in, took it out and were ok.

Thanks again Craig for all your help

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom