Help: SQL Server Destop Version (1 Viewer)

Ashfaque

Student
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:40
Hi,

I had installed SQL Server (Desktop version) on one of my client’s pc and kept D:\ as default directory for both data and server. I was running smoothly. The pc has 2 partitions C:\ and D:\

All tables in my Access FE were linked as dbo_ prefix later which they are renamed to their original names.

Due to some technical error the client formatted C:\ drive. He was aware that SQL Server and data files are lying in D: hence he did not ask me before formatting.

Now I need to know that should I install SQL Server again. I have seen SQL server folder in D drive and it contains sub folders like BINN and others.

If the data files are still there, how can I make available them or how can I activate the icon ‘Enterprise Manger’ as it was in the start up? Please advice what step shall I take to get it worked it as they were before?

With kind regards,
Ashfaque
:confused:

pdx_man

Just trying to help
Local time
Today, 14:10
Interesting problem. You will need to re-install SQL Server as the registry would have been wiped out with the C: format. Copy the data & log (*.mdf & &.ldf) files to another location. Delete the SQL Server folder on the D: drive. Install SQL Server. Copy *.mdf & *.ldf files back to the data folder. Open Enterprise Manager and Attach the databases.

That should get you back to where you were.

Ashfaque

Student
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:40
Thanks pdx_man,

I understand from you that I will have to re-install SQL Server again...ok. But I did not see any *.mdf & *.ldf files in the database folder. Where I can find them?

Regards,
Ashfaque

pdx_man

Just trying to help
Local time
Today, 14:10
Do a search for them, but the default is:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom