Solved Help with form design (1 Viewer)

slharman1

Local time
Yesterday, 23:54
I am working on a form for my shop personnel to keep time on orders out in the shop. The plan is to have 3 or four computers connected to our network with scanners and access (distributable) on each one.
Here is how I envision it:
The whole process is collecting the employee id, the work order id, the "clock-in" and the "clock-out"
The first screen will have a field for the employee to scan his card to begin the process, then a screen will pop-up with a field to scan the Work Order barcode, and click a button to either clock-in or clock-out (depending on whether they are already clocked in on an order)
Then the screen will go back to the employee screen waiting to them or another employee to clock in/out

The table to collect the data is holding all of the data mentioned above.

Can I have a form that only holds the employee field and once entered automatically open the form with the rest of the data?

Thanks for the help!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:54
Can I have a form that only holds the employee field and once entered automatically open the form with the rest of the data?
That sounds similar to a search form. Perhaps you could start with that.

slharman1

Local time
That sounds similar to a search form. Perhaps you could start with that.
Forgive me but is a search form an unbound form with my field to scan the employee badge and then on the after update field it should open the clock in/out form for the rest of the data input?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Forgive me but is a search form an unbound form with my field to scan the employee badge and then on the after update field it should open the clock in/out form for the rest of the data input?
It could be bound or unbound, depending on your needs. I am just saying the concept is the same as your requirements, so maybe you could start with that.

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Yes you can.

Lets assume there are two forms

1. Form that holds employee id called - employeelookup
2. The main form with data called detailsform

On employeelookup, the column with employeeid, and a command button(that on clicked will open the detailsform)- this can be an unbound form

On the details form
1. create a bound form with all details field
2. On the record source of the form, it will be a query like

SELECT employee.Item, employee.Description, employee.Category
FROM employee
WHERE (((employee.ID)=[Forms]![employeelookup]![employeeid]))
GROUP BY employee.Item, employee.Description, employee.Category;

slharman1

Local time
It could be bound or unbound, depending on your needs. I am just saying the concept is the same as your requirements, so maybe you could start with that.
So i could bind it and use that form to enter the first field of data for the clock procedure and after update open the clock in/out form and limit the records to the current employee, is that correct thinking?

slharman1

Local time
I think I’ve got it figure out. Just tweaking to do now. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom