Help!!!! (1 Viewer)

Zacharyjuniorman

Local time
Today, 22:50
I am starting to become very frustrated with Access. I want to build a form that will track customer complaints. I have several tables that need to feed that form.

How can I create a form with with different tables and where will the data be stored?

For example,

I though I had to create a form by using a query but when I do it is blank. Even if I did create it by a query using all the tables I need I do not understand where the data will be located.

Do I create one big table with every field from all my other tables?

Sorry for the dumb question.

D

D B Lawson

If it's customers and complaints you would need two tables, one to hold customers details and one to hold complaints made by that customer. Both tables should have an autonumber field each which should also be the primary key. In the complaints table you will also need to add a customerID field (numeric. Create a one to many relationship, one customer to many complaints (!) Once you have done that, create a form using the wizard taking all the fields from both tables.. It will create a form with the customer's details and a subform to hold the complaint details.

Hope that gets you started.

DBL

[This message has been edited by D B Lawson (edited 05-18-2001).]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom