Hi ya all :) (1 Viewer)

ZionRootical

Local time
Today, 21:23
Hi Ya, My Name is Steve,
I've been reading some of your post on this forum via the Access help in Access 2010.
Well about me, I live In Melbourne, Australia and have been here for around 8 years, I Was born n breed in Southend, Essex, UK

At the end of 2006, I was riding my bicycle to work and was hit by a Car from behind. that left me with permanent physical damage, but very lucky the law in Australia is to wear a helmet, so no serious lasting head injuries or brain defaults, well you can all judge that for yourselves. So I spent most of my 30's recovering.

I always wanted to start a spreadsheet of my collection but never had the time, after some research i found out about Access, and was blown away by the possibilities.

So now i had so much time in between surgeries, I borrowed a few books from the library and off i started.

I started using Access 2007 some years ago, last month while cleaning my hard drives i saw my clutter of fable attempts to create a complex database of my knowledge on Reggae Music, Firstly i started to catalogue my own collection, i have around 10,000+ Vinyl records 7", 12", 10", LP's & CD's. I got stuck into inputting data and soon had lots of entries in one table, bad i know. it felt good doing something again and a purpose of my lonely days. I started to Present a Radio show in Melbourne and wanted to contain information about specific artists, Birthdays, Date of when they died. so i could organise a tribute shows.

about 3 weeks ago i was looking after my ex Neighbours Dog while herself was having surgery, Lovely lady of 75 with the intellect of someone i've never met before, she designs web pages and likes the odd bottle of Red. Not bad for someone older than my parents. I was there 3 weeks and on the dog walks got me thinking about how to re-use my old tables and combine the information again.

I went gun-ho and thought i was doing well. Design some lovely looking forms with all the info i wanted, for me more is best, but after getting some pointers from ur website realised i'm doing it all wrong, Hence here i am.

Maybe too much info, but more is better.

I Return home to Southend in 4 weeks, anyone local like to catch up over lunch or a beer or even a lovely Red, that be great got questions that need answering and maybe u can help plan the normalisation of my database of tables.

Thanks for your time, i'm sure i'll be talking up a lot more of your time. Thanks in advance

Steve. (Your Nightmare from hell)

fortion

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:23
Welcome to the forums and best of luck for future endeavours,Steve....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom