Hiding All But Last 4 Digits of SSN (1 Viewer)

Dnalor

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:50
Hello all!

I am currently working on an Access 2010 DB and as of now only one user has access to it and the user is wanting to be able to distribute it to other Managers for them to look at. The problem I am running into is I need a way to hide the first 5 digits of the SSN so the Managers are not able to see the entire number. Could someone help me figure out how to do this? I've tried a combination of different formats, but none have been successful.

Thanks!

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Do you need to "enter" it on the form? If not (say, only the DBA will be entering it behind the scenes, directly into the table) and it's just for display, you could make it a calculated field:
Code:
="###-##-" & Right([SSN],4)

Dnalor

Registered User.
Local time
The idea is that the Managers will not be doing anything but looking at and running reports to see evaluations of students in a Co-Op program so they won't be actually entering any data. The Co-Op coordinator will be handling entering the data. I haven't gotten all the details mainly because he is running all over the place, but from what I gathered he wants to be able to enter the info from the form I have made instead of adding the info through the table. So I suppose I should hide them in both the table and form so the Managers won't see.

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Have a form that only the Co-Op Coordinator can open, and put your bound SSN field there. Everywhere else you can use the calculated munged version.

Just turn off the navigation pane and all but your cleverest Managers will not be able to find your tables. :)

Dnalor

Registered User.
Local time
Ah, I did not think of that. Thank you very much for the great idea! Gonna try that out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom