High Light current record in a continuous form (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yesterday, 20:33
Good morning AWF,

I found this thread from 2004 and although the attachment's instructions work as advertised, I find it hard to believe that this hack is the only way to achieve this result.

So, the question is, now that 16 years has transpired, IS there a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Actually, further in the thread, post 15 has a much simplier solution. Guess I should have kept reading...

Still open to other's ideas if there is a better way.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 19:33
ps, there was a reason I didn't use a calculated control to track the current record, and set it with VBA instead ... but now I can't remember why!

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
I didn't use a calculated control to track the current record, and set it with VBA instead ... but now I can't remember why!
In older versions of Access this could cause serious flicker, that is probably why.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Crystal, thanks for the video and link. Very informative and easy to follow. CID's method is very similar so I will digest both of them tonight over a stout and come up with a plan.

Thanks both of you, I am going to post a link to this thread on the one I looked at first so that future wanderers do not waste their time like I did...

Colin, I noticed on your site that you will be posting a Class Module version of your ESF - looking forward to it.

Thanks again!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 01:33
Hi NG
Sorry but it was going to be provided by a colleague from Italy but it wasn't completed. I need to edit my Web page accordingly

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Crystal, thanks for the video and link. Very informative and easy to follow. CID's method is very similar so I will digest both of them tonight over a stout and come up with a plan.

my pleasure, John -- have one for me too!

and now I know why you can't just set control source of the field to track the current ID -- it doesn't work! ... even if you do it as an external reference -- well maybe if you put it that way in the CF condition too (I didn't try), but that prevents you from using the same form somewhere else.

zeroaccess

Local time
Here's mine, using a tweaked version of CJ's method.
  1. Subform footer has an unbound invisible text box named txtPK
  2. On Current event of subform contains the following: Me.txtPK = Nz(Me.[yourprimarykeyID], 0)
  3. Conditional formatting is applied per attachment
Field will highlight as you move through because the ID of the record equals the value in the hidden text box. If new record, there will be no highlight but also no erroneous behavior. Tried using an expression for new record and get much erroneous behavior. Conditional formatting is weird.

Attachments

• CF.png
    CF.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom