Highway Star (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:13
Talented drummer - but could probably lose about half-a-dozen cymbals and still have plenty.

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 21:13
A little about this 13 years old Indonesian drummer:

Most of my drum gear has come from prizes I got from winning Hit Like A Girl in 2015 (in the drum set category) and the World Percussion category in 2017. I’m still waiting for the Marching Percussion 2018 prize to come.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 08:13
That was fun to watch, thanks for sharing.

Everyone should enjoy what they do as much as this young lady does!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Puts me to shame. I played the drum in high-school in the all-girl drum and bugle corps. What a budding talent.

Mike Krailo

Local time
Very impressive drum skills. I started when I was ten and just stopped playing last year due to leg cramps. Now it's just acoustic guitar but I would encourage players of any instrument to seek out good instruction early on. She obviously had excellent teaching on technique and she's killing it now.

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:13
Certainly a lot of energy. I couldn't compare drummers but reminds me when John Lennon was asked about Ringo Starr's drumming skilled, he replied that there were plenty of better drummers and Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles.

Mike Krailo

Local time
Ringo always had a creative style that perfectly complimented the band as a whole so that's what made him great.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 20:13
She obviously had excellent teaching on technique and she's killing it now.
there are those with Exceptional skills without ever being taught.
remember the Korean Sungha Jung, Steve Vai, Bugsy Malone, etc.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:13
We've seen Ringo a couple of times with his various all star bands, always a treat.

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 21:13
Soccer world cup is around the corner and she updated her channel with a cover of "La Copa de la Vida", the famous soccer song.
Not as amazing as highway star, but well..... I thought someone may want to watch it.

murphybridget

Local time
Today, 20:13
Very impressive drum skills. I started when I was ten and just stopped playing last year due to leg cramps. Now it's just acoustic guitar but I would encourage players of any instrument to seek out good instruction early on. She obviously had excellent teaching on technique and she's killing it now.
Quite a jump from drums to guitar.

Mike Krailo

Local time
I hired a guitar teacher that taught me all the basics and from there I learned many things on my own. I know my way around the neck and have good music theory understanding on what's going on with the various chord progressions, triads, inversions, and how to play in various tunings. My drums are still in the closet. I may get them out one day, but for now I'm happy with the ease of picking up the acoustic and playing.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 12:13
I started learning drums in about 1961 when I first heard 'let there be drums' by Sandy Nelson. As I said elsewhere, I played in several bands for years, and then learnt the bass guitar and played that in an orchestra and did 3 European tours. Then I graduated to 6 string electric which I now play at home since covid stopped all live shows. I never had a guitar teacher, I learnt from copying what I hear on records and CD's and now what I see on YouTube.
Col

Mike Krailo

Local time
I started learning drums in about 1961 when I first heard 'let there be drums' by Sandy Nelson. As I said elsewhere, I played in several bands for years, and then learnt the bass guitar and played that in an orchestra and did 3 European tours. Then I graduated to 6 string electric which I now play at home since covid stopped all live shows. I never had a guitar teacher, I learnt from copying what I hear on records and CD's and now what I see on YouTube.
Col
That's awesome Colin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom