HMS Woke (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:30
It occurred to me that the "H" in HMS stands for "his" or "her" depending on whether the monarch is a male or female.

I wonder, what's going to happen when the woke idiots get their hands on it and insist it's changed.

And what could it possibly be changed to?

Chatty said:-
  1. HMS: It could be retained, interpreting 'H' as 'His/Her' Majesty's Ship, depending on the reigning monarch, as it's been historically.
  2. UMS: 'Unified Majesty's Ship' could be an option, which neutralizes gender but keeps the royal connection.
  3. RMS: 'Royal Majesty's Ship' is another possibility that maintains the regal aspect without specifying gender.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 15:30
Unfortunately, my creativity has been a bit challenged on this. Amusingly one of my daughters recently sent me the image below. Maybe that can serve as an inspirational example.‼️
1282512512597905943.jpg

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
NORTH POLE - Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer received praise for taking a stunning and brave stance against outdated binary gender stagnation by changing his name to Rolanda and subsequently dominating every field in the North Pole's annual Female Reindeer Games.

Cotswold

Local time
How long before some nutjob like Packham will be blaming the volcano in Iceland on global warming?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Miss gendered cardiac arrest:-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom