Hope I can Explain this (1 Viewer)

GBeck

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:52
I have my main table that basically holds all my data. I have a second table that I want to hold additional information based on a query run off the first table.
The query basically just gives me a grand total for a person, and works fine, I just can't seem to get it populated over to the new table so I can create my form.
Hope this makes sense

and thanks in advance for your help

KenHigg

Local time
I think you simply need to either join the tables and use that as the recordsource for the form or put the second tables data in a subform.

GBeck

Registered User.
Local time
WOW..that was quick...and remember I am new to access...and this forum has helped greatly!
I have the tables joined on the id, but how would I use 2 tables as the record source on the form? or did I miss something

KenHigg

Local time
You can base the form recordsource on a query.

fyi: This is basic book learning stuff. This forum is best used as a last resort to figure this stuff out after you've grilled your brain with books (like the rest of us :) )

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:52
If your query produces all the data you need, why not base the form on the query? Also, it is better practise not to store data in tables that can be calculated / produced in a query

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom