Host had outage (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:45
My host had a hardward node fail on them. When they rebooted, the server went into a file checking mode to check the integrity of the system. This site was down for 1 hour as a result.

All back up and running now. I was thinking it might be related to the hacking but it wasn't.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Anyone else had this problem?

Inside Sponsored Links (which is the last section or frame under every thread page) there's this one Advert that's been constantly there throughout today. Each time I reply to a post it sends the reply but displays the image exactly as attached but the URL is that of the thread and not the sponsored link. That means I have to use the Back button to get back to the thread.

There could be a problem with my cookies but I haven't had time to check it out yet.

I'm sure it's going to do it again immediately after I send this message.

Attachments

• AWF Ad 03 02 11.zip
    13 KB · Views: 256

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
What web browser are you using?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Logged out and logged back in and that seems to have fixed it.

NB: Firefox V 3.6.13

Edit: Spoke too soon. It just happened again. I'll test this at another location later.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
There is a known issue with Firefox. We had it before, which I managed to fix. But since I have upgraded these forums, it has reappeared. I will get it fixed eventually but I'm trying to work out how!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Has anyone noticed a site slowdown when viewing threads in the last hour?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 02:45
Has anyone noticed a site slowdown when viewing threads in the last hour?
I haven't. It has been running fine for me, but then again I just got on a little less than an hour ago.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Anyone else had this problem?

Inside Sponsored Links (which is the last section or frame under every thread page) there's this one Advert that's been constantly there throughout today. Each time I reply to a post it sends the reply but displays the image exactly as attached but the URL is that of the thread and not the sponsored link. That means I have to use the Back button to get back to the thread.

There could be a problem with my cookies but I haven't had time to check it out yet.

I'm sure it's going to do it again immediately after I send this message.
By the way this still hasn't been fixed and it is quite irritating.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Do you still get the identical advert? Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Yep, done all that. I normally use Firefox both at work and at home and in both locations the same thing happens. It's either it comes up with a blank page (but shows Ads by "whatever" in a tiny font) or it shows the advert exactly as shown in my first post.

If an advert is shown it will be the one in the Sponsored Links.

By the way, I've noticed that the box where we write messages is now grey with an awful Times New Roman font type. Not nice looking. Fine on IE but not on Firefox.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Does it happen with Quick Reply, Post Reply or both?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Quick Reply, Post Reply, Preview, New Thread ... in fact anywhere where you can write a message.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
So when you click the New Thread button, you immediately get an error?

I know there is an issue with the Quick Reply and Firefox, but I am having trouble finding a solution to that.

I am using Fireworks and used the Post Reply button. I didn't get an error.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
I thought you were referring to the grey message box which prompted my last reply. If you're talking about the blank screen/advert then I've noticed it when I reply to a post, either via Quick Reply or through the Advanced button.

I've not posted a new thread in a while so I can't verify if it happens there.

By the way, I'm using Firefox though not Fireworks and it wasn't an error, just a diversion.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I am sorry, I meant Firefox, not Fireworks. To reply to your post, I clicked Post Reply and just typed in the box that appeared.

I got no errors. But if I use Quick Reply, I get a blank page but the reply still gets posted. Try the Post Reply button and tell me what happens.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
It's the Post Quick Reply button I mostly use unless I quote someone. Doing it with this post now.

Edit: Same thing happened. When I edit and Save Changes it's fine.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I am a bit confused now. Not sure where the Edit and Save Changes comes in. When you clicked Post Reply, typed your message and clicked Submit Reply, what happened?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
When you post a message you can go back to it, Edit it, and Save Changes. That works ok for me.

It is when I use the Post Reply button that the problem arises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom