Houston Traffic (1 Viewer)

jamesmor

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:15
I remember my father teaching me to drive when I was a teenager. One of his pearls of wisdom was that the ability to drive in the snow does not survive the summer. It must be re-learned each winter.

Amen to that one!

It still amazes me that i used to drive 45 minutes to go 10 miles in a middle sized city. Since I've moved it still takes ~ 45 minutes, but I go ~ 50 miles...

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:15
UPDATE: Someone stole my bicycle. I now walk to work (most days) and most days my wife picks me up from work. It takes me about 35 minutes to walk.

Now for the really shocking news. My bicycle was stolen from a bike rake at the courthouse I work at. There are normally about 5-6 sheriff deputies about 20 feet away in full view of the bike rack. They did not see anything.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
You should have parked at the donut shop down the road - 50 cops would have been all over the guy in seconds!

jamesmor

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:15
You should have parked at the donut shop down the road - 50 cops would have been all over the guy in seconds!

Naw, they wouldn't have seen anything either, can't put down that jelly donut! :D

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Amen to that one!

It still amazes me that i used to drive 45 minutes to go 10 miles in a middle sized city. Since I've moved it still takes ~ 45 minutes, but I go ~ 50 miles...

In British cities - I would think thats not too bad. It takes me 45 minutes to get 4 miles (bus), can walk it in 55, or car in 40 ish most days, thats door to door.

I guess we are a small city , 1 million ish in the region.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom