How do I load the print dialog box? (Access 2003) (1 Viewer)

lespritdelescalier

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:51
Hi everyone,

A bit of background. Users of the db I am working on print using a regular network printer 95% of the time. 5% of the time however, they need to change that printer to another one, or to a PDF printing program. All of the printers they need are installed in their Printers folder.

I can think of two possible courses of action here:

1. load the printer dialog box (preferred)

2. provide them with a custom interface to select a temporary printer

I don't want them to have to load the printers folder and switch the printer temporarily.

If anyone knows how to load the printer dialog, please share! Also, I am open to other courses of action if you have something to suggest.

Thanks!

lespritdelescalier

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:51
So I kind of figured out a solution to this. I pop the report using the acViewPreview parameter, and then right click on the report header or hit Ctrl-P to print. Does anyone know if I can get a print button to show up at the top of the preview?

I suppose I could code a button into the upper corner of the report, and hide it during the print operation, but I'd rather not if at all possible.

Thanks!

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 13:51
All objects have a property whether they are to show during print or not. Check out the property sheet

TJPoorman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:51
Create a button on your report. Put the following code in the onclick event:
Code:
On Error GoTo ErrHandler

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPrint
'DoCmd.Close acReport, Me.Name
Exit Sub

ErrHandler:
    If Err.Number <> 2501 Then MsgBox "Error Number: " & Err.Number & Chr(13) & "Description: " & Err.Description, , "Error"

If you want to hide the button when it prints, there is a property of the button on the Format tab, "Display When". Change this to "Screen Only"

EDIT: This code is from 2007 so I'm not sure if it will work with 2003.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom