How do I: Select checkbox(es), Click Submit, Reports Open (1 Viewer)

FoxRocks

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:02
Hello,

Hopefully my title made sense, it took me a minute to try to word it properly. I've searched the internet and didn't find what I was after, although I expect this has been asked before.

So what I'm trying to do is have it where in a form there are multiple check boxes that each represent a report. Once the reports I want have been selected (or checked) I click a submit button and the reports open. I can figure out how to do this with one form, but I don't know how to make it work when the button is based on which check boxes are selected.

Before all that happens, I've already got a pop up form that asks which type of report I want. So the structure of the big picture looks like this:

Start Window:
- Report Type 1 Button
- Report Type 2 Button
- Report Type 3 Button
- Report Type 4 Button

...I select "Report Type 1"

Report Type 1 Window:
- Report For Item 1 Checkbox
- Report For Item 2 Checkbox
- Report For Item 3 Checkbox
- Report For Item 4 Checkbox
- Report For Item 5 Checkbox
- Report For Item 6 Checkbox
- Report For Item 7 Checkbox
- Report For Item 8 Checkbox
- Report For Item 9 Checkbox
- Submit Button

...I check boxes for Items 2, 4 and 6 then click Submit.
...After clicking the "Submit Button" a "Report Type 1" open for "Items 2, 4 and 6".

Hopefully that makes sense. Like I said, I do already have the Start Window created with the buttons for each report type, I just don't know how to complete the rest of the puzzle. That's where I'm hoping you come in and help me make this database user interface really cool :cool:

Thanks a bunch for any help you can provide :)

~FOX~

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:02
This doesn't answer your specific question, but it does point you to Martin Green's site where he shows how to work with forms and some options. It is an excellent source of info on vba, sql and Form controls.

http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut19.htm

FoxRocks

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the link jdraw!
That's a really great resource, it would definitely do the job in my case, but the format isn't what I was after...maybe it's time for me to rethink my format :)

FoxRocks

Registered User.
Local time
Oh No.

I just realized how much of an idiot I am. I named some of my fields (important ones) using characters that are not part of the alphabet, so I can't use the name in VBA code because it causes errors. Stupid.
So...I guess I'm back to my first idea and trying to find a solution to that instead of changing my format. Damn.

FoxRocks

Registered User.
Local time
So I have created a report for each "Item" that I mentioned above. What I hope to accomplish now is to have the corresponding report linked to the check box and then have it open when I click "Submit".

I'm so deflated now that I can't use that really cool filtering idea that you gave me jdraw. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom