How do I send data to people to update who don't have access? (1 Viewer)

L

lisa_karen

Help... I have designed an access databse to manage employee details, however, I want to send their individual records to each employee for them to read and update their details if they have changed. They are not connected to the network, and are at remote locations. Once they have updated their details, I wsant to be able to automatically update the main database on the network.

Please help. Should I split the database? Use an excell spreadsheet? Use a form? A page?

Thanks... this is urgent.
Lisa

simongallop

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:53
The easiest way is to send the details out as an email and then either maualy update the record or get access to read the email inbox and update from that.

Problem with sending data out and then getting it back in automaticaly is that invariably the data has to be in predetermined positions. When you are dealing with users that is guaranteed not to work, not only because they might not have the right kind of software, but also because they don't have the right kind of brain!

Keep it simple, it will be quicker in the long run

HTH

L

lisa_karen

Text?

Thanks Harry.
Does that mean I should write a report and send it out in a text format? Or copy the form and linked subforms into the body of the mail?
Thanks

antomack

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:53
If you have an intranet that all employees can access then you could develop ASP pages to allow users access their details and update them directly.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:53
I would use spreadsheets. Excel is pretty standard and it's easy to export and import spreadsheet data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom