How do you hide top toolbars when open database - access 2007??? (1 Viewer)

GazGump

Local time
Today, 23:28
I want to hide the top toolbars when my users open my database in Access 2007! i have an autoexec macro to maximise the window which gets rid of the navigation bar on the side but cant work out how to hide the top bar? do i need to write code? if so what code and where would i input it.. any help would be much appreciated...

many thanks,

Gaz

GazGump

Local time
Not the quick access toolbar!

I know i can get rid of that and i know about all the options in the quick access toolbar its the full top bar with "home", "create", "External data", "database tools", "acrobat" and all the other stuff that takes up the top two inches of the screen i want to get rid of so the users of my database cant mess about with it... thanks anyway ..

Gaz

GazGump

Local time
The ribbon is the part i want to hide i can minimize it but cant get rid of it... any thoughts?

GazGump

Local time
Thanks again but still doesn't help

The ribbon name is already blank under access options so again i'm still stumped! i read somewhere that you need to write code in VB to get rid of the ribbon completely but not sure how! cheers anyway

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:28
Gaz,
I loaded my A2007 and did some searching in Help.
By default, Microsoft Office Access 2007 does not provide a method for hiding the Ribbon. This topic describes how to load a customized ribbon that hides all of the built-in tabs.
Does that help a bit?

Rachael

Registered User.
Local time
Change your file name extention from .accdb to accdr to make it work in runtime and this gets rid of the Home toolbar

zanaeira

Registered User.
Local time
Hey to get rid of the ribbon you need to program it using XML. It's not hard to just get rid of it. Do this:

1) Create a table named USysRibbons with the fields: RibbonName (Text, 255), RibbonXml(Memo). This table wil be hidden as it's a system table that Access will search to load up any custom ribbons.
2) Right-click the Navigation pane where it says All Access Objects (Top of navigation pane).
3) Click navigation options
4) Show system objects
5) Then open the USysRibbons table (or alternatively create a form with this table as its record source - this way you can later update it if you decide you want to create a custom ribbon for your database application)
6) In the ribbon name field type in a name (anything you want)
7) In the ribbon xml field copy and paste the following:
<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui">
<ribbonStartFromScratch="True">
</ribbon>
</customUI>
8) Save the change, then close and re-open the database (you have to close and re-open it)
9) Then go to the access options and under current database, ribbon name, select the ribbon you just wrote. Press OK.
10) Message says re-open database, so close and re-open it.
And that should do it! Hope this helps :). Please let me know if it doesn't and I'll try my best to help you (I've customised ribbons before so I know this is possible, so please let me know if this doesn't work and I'll try to sort it out for you.) :)

zanaeira

Registered User.
Local time
PS. Sorry, forgot to include this: make sure you Right-Click the top of the navigation pane later and uncheck the show system objects once you'v done working with the USysRibbons table. Also, don't do anything the tables prefixed MSys as these are system tables in your application and you could kill your application. (Don't worry, just don't touch them).

Hope this helps. :)

staylor

Sapling amongst trees
Local time
Today, 18:28
I want to hide the top toolbars when my users open my database in Access 2007! i have an autoexec macro to maximise the window which gets rid of the navigation bar on the side but cant work out how to hide the top bar? do i need to write code? if so what code and where would i input it.. any help would be much appreciated...

many thanks,

Gaz
GazGump , what is your code to hide the navigation pane?

ems2000

Local time
Today, 18:28
This turns the ribbon and menu bar off
DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo
This turns it back on
DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarYes

Yiwen

Local time
Today, 15:28
Thanks!;) that it's the way I am looking for to rid all the menu tool bars off from my application's user

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom