How does Access 'relate' a control and a label? (1 Viewer)

tfurnivall

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:58
I'm getting waaaay to deep into Access' internals, but I have a nagging question - how does Access relate a label to a control?

We can delete the label, and then re-'attach' it, but there seems to be no visible property that retains this information - in either the label or the control (only done the detailed comparison for text box so far ;-)

I'd appreciate any thoughts or knowledge.

Tony

PS The reason for this is to be able to export enough data to recreate an Access form in html, and I need a label value if it exists. (And for most controls, of course, it does!)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:58
Someone else can probably point straight to it, but I would create a bit of VBA which iterates through the control to debug.print the property name and value.

Comparing the results you get from a linked control and unlinked control should point you in the right direction

tfurnivall

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:58
Thanks, CJ I've already done that, and there's absolutely no indication (from simply listing out Control Properties Name/Value pairs) that provides a clue.

(Of course, one zero can have multiple meanings, but nothing that I could find leapt out and said "Ta!Da!")

Tony

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:58
I've done some research, it's something I might want to do someday!

Anyway found it - it is not in the properties section, it is in the controls section - it will be the only control so

Debug.Print myControl.Controls(0).Name

will give you the name of the control

myControl.Controls(0).forecolor=vbred

will change the forecolor to red etc.

I haven't experimented much so to create a link you probably need to add the label to the controls collection. Be interesting to see if you can add two labels!

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:58
I haven't experimented much so to create a link you probably need to add the label to the controls collection.

Yes this is correct.
Be interesting to see if you can add two labels!
I had the same idea when I discoved this collection and tried adding more than one label. It doesn't allow it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom