How i can i save the captured image with specific location folder? (1 Viewer)

Kamayo Ako

Local time
Today, 15:53
Have a good day to all Master.

1. I have textbox which autofill after selecting the image from E:\Residents Images\My Pic.jpg
= No Issue with this process and i used below code to browse the images:

Private Sub Browse_Click()
Dim F As Object
Dim strfile As String
Dim strFolder As String
Dim varItem As Variant

Set F = Application.FileDialog(3)
F.AllowMultiSelect = True
If F.Show Then
For Each varItem In F.SelectedItems
strfile = Dir(varItem)

strFolder = Left(varItem, Len(varItem) - Len(strfile))
MsgBox "Folder" & strFolder & vbCrLf & _
"File: " & strfile

txtImageLocation = strFolder + strfile

Next
End If
Set F = Nothing
End Sub

2. Now I have button also the manage webcam.
- I have webcam Utility to call the installed webcam using below code:

Private Sub cmdCapture_Click()
Dim stAppName As String

stAppName = "C:\Program Files\WebCam Utility\WebCam.exe"
Call Shell(stAppName, 1)

End Sub

"NOW THIS IS THE MY CONCERN"

How i can i save the captured image with specific? (E:\Residents Images\)?

Thank you so much for you support.

Kamayo Ako

Local time
And this is my form to manage those concern and only the issue is the webcam after capture the image i need to save to particular folder location

Attachments

• Browse Images.accdb
    1.5 MB · Views: 99

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:53
I am not familiar with the detailed operation of your webcam utility. If you tell us what it does now, it might be possible for us to advise you on how to let that utility "do its thing" and then after the fact, move the file to where you really wanted it to be. If the webcam output file name is either known or easily recognized, that might be the best approach. And, time-wise, relatively fast - since a file RENAME doesn't have to copy the file anywhere. It just changes directory entries.

Kamayo Ako

Local time
I am not familiar with the detailed operation of your webcam utility. If you tell us what it does now, it might be possible for us to advise you on how to let that utility "do its thing" and then after the fact, move the file to where you really wanted it to be. If the webcam output file name is either known or easily recognized, that might be the best approach. And, time-wise, relatively fast - since a file RENAME doesn't have to copy the file anywhere. It just changes directory entries.

Kamayo Ako

Local time
Attached is the web utility which i put in C drive. and i use button to call this utility.

The webcam button of this form will call that webcam utility.

Kamayo Ako

Local time
I put that utility folder in C:\Program Files\

and using the attached form webcam button to call the utility

Attachments

• Browse Images.accdb
    1.2 MB · Views: 126

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:53
I looked at the .RAR file but didn't see an obvious document on how it works. I will not try it on my system (because among other things, I don't have a web cam.)

My question remains... given that you trigger the web cam app, what does it do? Does it take a picture and put it someplace? My suggestion also remains: Let it do its thing but then rename the file to the place you want it.

Kamayo Ako

Local time
I looked at the .RAR file but didn't see an obvious document on how it works. I will not try it on my system (because among other things, I don't have a web cam.)

My question remains... given that you trigger the web cam app, what does it do? Does it take a picture and put it someplace? My suggestion also remains: Let it do its thing but then rename the file to the place you want it.
This is how the process goes.

1. First i put that webcam utility in program files
2. Next i have button to execute that utility files using below code:

Private Sub cmdCapture_Click()
Dim stAppName As String

stAppName = "C:\Program Files\WebCam Utility\WebCam.exe"
Call Shell(stAppName, 1)

End Sub

3. After click the button automatically it will popup the image capturing window with webcam
4. After capturing it will ask where i will save the capture image. So i can put the desired location.
5. Next process is i need to browse again in order to attach image to a particular record.
6. Is it possible that instead of asking which location, it suppose directly fill the textbox default location the corresponding image name together
so that i don't need to re browse again and attach.
7. This is a way I'm capturing image from webcam. It is my pleasure sir If you have other alternatives sir that's more friendly than this is.

Thank you so much sir for your time.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 20:53
on Step 2. choose first the Resolution.
then on Pixel depth and Compression combobox, choose:

YUY2

then click OK or Apply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom