How to auto find “When’s the next biweekly date to send out my media release?” (1 Viewer)

Minddumps

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:23
How to auto find “When’s the next biweekly date?” -Access 2007

Currently, I enter biweekly dates (always on a Tuesday, unless Tuesday is a holiday, then most likely Wednesday) that I’m to send my media releases out in a table. The form then pulls those dates for a combo box. I select the next upcoming date I need to work on, which then loads the sub form. I input data using that auto matches that same date so that when it is mail merged into word it is easily filtered (by the date). DB attached.

It’s starting to get cumbersome as time goes on and there are needless steps. So this leads to my question:

How can I get the combo box (as an unbound text box pulling from a query, I imagine) to auto write the next biweekly date that I will need to send my media release on and thus auto embed that date into my sub form? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Media Release.zip
    118.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:23
Filtering on date fields can be tricky at times. The issue is with your filter
Me.Filter = "[Release Date] = #" & Me.RDate & "#"

When you select Sept 9 3013, the filter being applied as I see it is instead of 9/3/2013, 3/9/2013.

To remove any ambiguity, force the date to be in mm/dd/yyyy format using the following construct.

Me.Filter = "[Release Date] = #" & Format(Me.RDate, "mm/dd/yyyy") & "#"

Minddumps

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:23
Thanks for the note; I haven't had any issues with the filter (perhaps I should say yet lol), but I'll look into that....

However, I'm still trying to figure out: How can I get the combo box (as an unbound text box pulling from a query, I imagine) to auto write the next biweekly date that I will need to send my media release on and thus auto embed that date into my sub form?

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:23
Are you asking that having selected in your combo, the last date existing in your table of Release dates, that you want the system to enter the next release date?

You previously flagged the issue of public holidays. Are you going to manually fix those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom