How to check if your email password has been compromised (1 Viewer)

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 05:30
just because you password was include in a data breach does not mean you should change does it? what about those security dropdowns that allow you pick a secure password in the form of hash? every company has one now? it seems common in america.

conception_native_0123

Local time
This has become an important issue for me because I have found multiple of my email addresses have been hacked. Look what Google told me:

View attachment 89487

So, I highly recommend you check yours.

Go here and let us know your results: https://haveibeenpwned.com/

i believe that is automatic pulling by google. so sometimes i would be that it not correct. or it is not 100 percent accurate. google has scanning set up on its sites to see if posts are *unproductive*. if they are looked at as that, they are deleted within 2 minutes. apple does same thing. that's how advanced they are. almost too much control.

conception_native_0123

Local time
jon i check and no pawnage found for me. at least for my phone number

pawned.jpg

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:30
Try your email and let us know the results.

conception_native_0123

Local time
jon my gmail account say that there are security issues, but that pawn site says i clear. that's why i do not trust google extreme automation. i think it not always right. thats why i never listen.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I believe Google just checks sites that find the password leaks.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Well, if it is critical I would do something about it.

conception_native_0123

Local time
jon

this does not concern me. i dont even believe it be true because one is forum like forum and another is 5 years old and i not use it in that long. :(

check.jpg

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 03:30
Well it would be useful if they told you where, what site?

Thankfully I use Chrome for passwords, and Chrome does list out every password that supposedly has been compromised in at least ONE way on the dark web.

But where's the integrated, automated, easy solution? There is none, other than painstakingly going to every single individual website where you use all those passwords, one by one, to change it. Something I have not done yet because in my humble opinion, I think MOST of the ultra high security on these sites is a little silly and unnecessary. I often shake my head when my car insurance account requires 2-factor authentication, or my insurance claims benefits site has some fancy system of codes it needs to sends me. Who's hacking into people car insurance online accounts, or insurance benefit claims, REALLY?? I understand banking, email, really anything that can be profitable. But some of this stuff is just ridiculous. I've never heard of a cottage industry of people who hack into your Allstate account to surreptitiously change your deductibles for sh**ts and giggles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom