How to: create a Totals Report so info doesn't keep repeating per the # of records. (1 Viewer)

Minddumps

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:17
This was driving me crazy until I figured out a simple solution. I figured if it drove me nuts there might be someone else who needs this info.

Background: I have a survey in which people rate items from 1 to 10. I've set-up my report to calculate how many 1's in field 1, field 2 etc. and how many 2's in field 1, field 2 etc. using the count(IIF... code
Code:
example
=Count(IIf([SermonPreparation]="1",0))

I was having trouble because the report didn't present itself as a Totals page (or like a Summary Page). It presented information for each individual record (which in this case is the same information for each record over and over again).

Attached is a sample of the print screen.

*SOLUTION*
In order to get Access to treat this Report as a Totals page, just move your information from the Detail section of the report to the Report Footer.

Attachments

• report_repeats.gif
    report_repeats.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 119

umair434

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:17
thanks maria! it was driving me insane as well. You saved me alot of trouble :)

Minddumps

Registered User.
Local time
You're welcome! :)

umair434

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:17
hey! do you happen to know how to use todays date to show a report? I want the user to see data for today only (I don't want them to enter the date themselves).

thanks!

Minddumps

Registered User.
Local time
hey! do you happen to know how to use todays date to show a report? I want the user to see data for today only (I don't want them to enter the date themselves).

thanks!

Try putting <= CURRENT_DATE as a criteria in the date column of your query for the report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom