Question How to do this? (1 Viewer)

rush8080

Local time
Today, 11:19
Hi Guys!
I hope you guys can help me here.... (I'm new to access)

I need to design a database to solve a problem.

Problem: I have a small paper shop. We get paper delivered from 2 different suppliers, at the end of the night we return the left over papers to the suppliers which will be credited to my account in 2 to 3 days time. I need to input the amount i recived and the amount I return everyday. Then when i get the credit note in 3 days time I want to recall the amount i returned and check if every thing alright.

I want something like this:
1st screen calender. When I click on a date it should take me to

2. supplier list. which will have a drop down menu of suppliers. then

3. paper list according to the supplier eg: if i choose '1' on the supplier menu i should be presented with paper a,b,c,d,e,f,g ext if i choose '2' i should have x,y,z with columns of Delivered,Return,Credited,Difference. on the bottom I should have a button says SAVE.

4.when i press save it should save the details under that supplier for that day, so i can go back to that data in later days.

now,
I have created the tables and forms, I don't know how to link them together and run it as a programme, also i need to know how to make it save the data when i press save.

any help welcome

even though i'm new to access i'm fairly good with excell/word/php/html etc if that helps

thnx in advance
I have attached a diagram to show you bit in detail

Attachments

• Paper_del.jpg
    Paper_del.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:19
I think this is the underlying issue
I have created the tables and forms, I don't know how to link them together and run it as a programme, also i need to know how to make it save the data when i press save.

If you start with the things(Entities) and create an Entity Relationship diagram, you can determine the tables you need. If you have some test data(even just on paper), you can "work through" the transactions and see if the model(tables and relationships) supports your needs.
Getting the tables structured properly is key to a successful project.

see this for details
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/Tutorials/Entity_Relationship.zip

rush8080

Local time
Today, 11:19
Thanks Jdraw, I will read through the document to understand it a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom