How to hide a record (1 Viewer)

Pinkoto

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:53
Hello,
My question is, can i hide a record when i look it in a form. For example i have a table which has 100 records. Can i make some kind of a check box and if that check box is checked to make the record disappear. I want the record to be in the table but i dont need it in the Form.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 13:53
Yes you can, add a "Yes/No" field type to the table.
Base the form on a query where you've a criteria for the "Yes/No".

Pinkoto

Registered User.
Local time
can i do it without the criteria?

Pinkoto

Registered User.
Local time
is that from the filter ? or something else?

Pinkoto

Registered User.
Local time
i dont want to use the criteria. i just want when i open the form every record that has a check in that check box not to show. Is it possible?

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:53
i dont want to use the criteria. i just want when i open the form every record that has a check in that check box not to show. Is it possible?
Either in the Form's Filter or the Form's RecordSource criteria.
Or do you want the form to guess what you want ?

Pinkoto

Registered User.
Local time
i want the records i have marked in the table, not to be shown in the form! I dont want to use special filter everytime i open it. I just want to when i open my form the record which are marked not to be in the form.... how can i do that ?

mohitmm

Local time
I want to track employees login and log out times and also if they are working on any item I want to track how much time they are taking that to complete and Non productive events like :-

How much time they are spending on the breaks?

How much time they are spending on Training , Meeting and any other work should also be tracked down,So that I can calculate the Accurate productive hours for the day and for each employee .

It should be in MS ACCESS 2007

Please help me with this !!

Thanks and Regards,

Mohit

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 08:53
i want the records i have marked in the table, not to be shown in the form! I dont want to use special filter everytime i open it. I just want to when i open my form the record which are marked not to be in the form.... how can i do that ?

As smig said, you include that provision in the form's RecordSource criteria. Something like "SELECT * FROM MyTableName WHERE MyTableName.HideFromForm = FALSE;" That is not the same as applying a special filter.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
I want to track employees login and log out times and also if they are working on any item I want to track how much time they are taking that to complete and Non productive events like :-

How much time they are spending on the breaks?

How much time they are spending on Training , Meeting and any other work should also be tracked down,So that I can calculate the Accurate productive hours for the day and for each employee .

It should be in MS ACCESS 2007

Please help me with this !!

Thanks and Regards,

Mohit

You really need to create a new thread and ask your question, as this isn't at all related to the thread topic.

Pinkoto

Registered User.
Local time
i want the records i have marked in the table, not to be shown in the form! I dont want to use special filter everytime i open it. I just want to when i open my form the record which are marked not to be in the form.... how can i do that ? Can someone help me with it ?

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
We have told you several times how to do that without using a special filter. Filters and queries are NOT the same thing.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:53
you've been given the answer

1. put a yes/no field in your table
Yes you can, add a "Yes/No" field type to the table.
2. write the following query as the recordsource to your form
Code:
 SELECT * FROM MyTableName WHERE MyTableName.HideFromForm = FALSE

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:53
i want the records i have marked in the table, not to be shown in the form! I dont want to use special filter everytime i open it. I just want to when i open my form the record which are marked not to be in the form.... how can i do that ? Can someone help me with it ?
If you dont want to use a filter nor using a criteria in the form's RecordSource you can ask the form nicely to hide this record for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom