How to open forms full screen (2 Viewers)

lmartin

Local time
Today, 20:41
Hi everyone,

I would like to find out how one can make a form open up to a full screen so that the users can only see what is on the form and not the Access options

tks in advance

Talismanic

Registered User.
Local time
To get the form to open up full screen, you could make a one linke macro called MaximizeMac. Use the Maximize command and then set the forms OnOpen event to MaximizeMac.

If you really want to hide the background from the end user there are better ways. Look in Tools Start Up for options like Allow Full Menu, Display Database Window, etc... This is a quick and easy way to protect your data but there are more advanced ways that I am not yet familiar with like setting Security/Permissions.

Remember when using the Start Up option you can hold down the shift key while opening the database to bypass the Autoexec and Startup. And believe me that is a very important thing to know because you can lose your ability to get to the file menus. Also remember that if all you are using is the Start Up options, users with just enough Acces know how to be dangerous might also bypass it.

JustinDB

VB scripter
Local time
Today, 12:41
the startup options doesn't allow you to desiable the acces screen itself it would be great if really only the form would be opened and no other screens.

tbcwarrior

Registered User.
Local time
docmd

i use an event procedure on the "on open" of the form

do to this open your form and double click the square between the 2 rulers

this will bring up the form properties window, select the all tab and scroll to find On open, once you have done that click the ... on the right of on open and select code builder

in code builder put this command between the "private sub" and "end sub"

DoCmd.Maximize

your command should look something like this

Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
DoCmd.Maximize
End Sub

hope this helps
chris

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:41
lmartin said:
Hi everyone,

I would like to find out how one can make a form open up to a full screen so that the users can only see what is on the form and not the Access options

tks in advance

The best way is to size your form to be larger than the screen, and then set its property to popup. If you can't figure this out, I'll post a sample.

SHADOW

JustinDB

VB scripter
Local time
don't think its possible to think of simpler way to do this. nice solution :D

normski

Registered User.
Local time
I just go into the code and type DoCmd.Maximize (grrr american spelling). Am I right in thinking you are using a switchboard?

normski

Registered User.
Local time
I just go into the code and type DoCmd.Maximize (grrr american spelling). Am I right in thinking you are using a switchboard?

JustinDB

VB scripter
Local time
If anybody is interested i have a code wich makes all the acces bars disapear and open your form even above the windows xpor vista bar

a_c_g_t

Local time
Please

would like a look at the code for doing that. The database I am writing is for ver basic users with big buttons.

Cheers
Doug

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Every time this question comes up someone (or in this case, 3 someones!) suggests using DoComd.Maximize. DoComd.Maximize causes the form to fill the Access window, it doesn't cause it to fill the screen! I just went around and around on this with a gentleman of many years experience, who insisted that Maximize would solve the problem. The next day he sheepishly posted back stating that after hours of work he concluded that I was correct and he was mistaken. The correct answer is that suggested by The Shadow. You have to set your form to PopUp and then diddle with its size until you get it just right!

Linq

BTW, Shadow, loved your radio show!

Last edited:

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Every time this question comes up someone (or in this case, 3 someones!) suggests using DoComd.Maximize. DoComd.Maximize causes the form to fill the Access window, it doesn't cause it to fill the screen! I just went around and around on this with a gentleman of many years experience, who insisted that Maximize would solve the problem. The next day he sheepishly posted back stating that after hours of work he concluded that I was correct and he was mistaken. The correct answer is that suggested by The Shadow. You have to set your form to PopUp and then diddle with its size until you get it just right!

Linq

LOL...thanks :)

irishtyke

Registered User.
Local time
Window & Form Sizing

LOL...thanks :)

Hi Shadow,

So simple, yet I've been trying to achieve that for 5 years. :confused:

Is there any way I can make my form's position centre screen?

I have dragged the application window's right and lower borders to set the application window's size, but my popup form is displayed in the top left corner of the screen.

Regards:

TJ.

irishtyke

Registered User.
Local time
Yes Please !!!

If anybody is interested i have a code wich makes all the acces bars disapear and open your form even above the windows xpor vista bar

Hi Justin,

I would love to see that one in action.

Regards:

TJ ;)

irishtyke

Registered User.
Local time
Hiding Access Application Window

Linq

Hi Linq,

Many thanks for the tip here. The PopUp & diddle solution works a treat.

However, because I am using Access applications with different window sizes, I am sometimes left with an overlap behind my PopUp window even after I had diddled to perfection.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards:

IrishTyke.

neilmurray

Local time
Hi,
I know this is a very old thread, but I found it as the top link when searching for a solution to this problem and had to post a reply after I found a worthy solution. The DoCmd.Maximize command works fine as long as the form is a pop-up and you set the border style to "None". The border style hasn't been mentioned before and it is this that tips he balance to make the form look truly kiosk in appearance.

Last edited:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Hi,
I know this is a very old thread, but I found it as the top link when searching for a solution to this problem and had to post a reply after I found a worthy solution. The DoComd.Maximize command works fine as long as the form is a pop-up and you set the border size to "None". The border size hasn't been mentioned before and it is this that tips he balance to make the form look truly kiosk in appearance.

It doesn't have to be NONE on the border but in order to use any other border you need to:

1. Set the form's CONTROL BOX property to NO
2. Set Min Max Buttons to NONE
3. Set Close Button to NO

neilmurray

Local time
Thanks for the reply Bob, but this thread is about geting Access to look like an app in Kiosk mode, and the other border styles don't hack it. A border style of"None" is the one that gets rid of the Title bar. Try it.
Neil

Last edited:

Althunayan

Local time
Today, 22:41
The best way is to size your form to be larger than the screen, and then set its property to popup. If you can't figure this out, I'll post a sample.

SHADOW
Hello Shadow,
will you please give us a sample of how to do it, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom